Key features and details
- Purity: > 90% HPLC
- Suitable for: Blocking
Product nameHuman KDM1/LSD1 peptide
See all KDM1/LSD1 proteins and peptides
Purity> 90 % HPLC.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab17763 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-KDM1/LSD1 antibody - Nuclear Marker (ab17721)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- Amine oxidase (flavin containing) domain 2
- Amine oxidase, flavin containing, 2
FunctionHistone demethylase that demethylates both 'Lys-4' (H3K4me) and 'Lys-9' (H3K9me) of histone H3, thereby acting as a coactivator or a corepressor, depending on the context. Acts by oxidizing the substrate by FAD to generate the corresponding imine that is subsequently hydrolyzed. Acts as a corepressor by mediating demethylation of H3K4me, a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation. Demethylates both mono- (H3K4me1) and di-methylated (H3K4me2) H3K4me. May play a role in the repression of neuronal genes. Alone, it is unable to demethylate H3K4me on nucleosomes and requires the presence of RCOR1/CoREST to achieve such activity. Also acts as a coactivator of androgen receptor (ANDR)-dependent transcription, by being recruited to ANDR target genes and mediating demethylation of H3K9me, a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional repression. The presence of PRKCB in ANDR-containing complexes, which mediates phosphorylation of 'Thr-6' of histone H3 (H3T6ph), a specific tag that prevents demethylation H3K4me, prevents H3K4me demethylase activity of KDM1A. Demethylates di-methylated 'Lys-370' of p53/TP53 which prevents interaction of p53/TP53 with TP53BP1 and represses p53/TP53-mediated transcriptional activation. Demethylates and stabilizes the DNA methylase DNMT1. Required for gastrulation during embryogenesis.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the flavin monoamine oxidase family.
Contains 1 SWIRM domain.
DomainThe SWIRM domain may act as an anchor site for a histone tail.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab17763 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Ravasio R et al. Targeting the scaffolding role of LSD1 (KDM1A) poises acute myeloid leukemia cells for retinoic acid-induced differentiation. Sci Adv 6:eaax2746 (2020). PubMed: 32284990
- Christopher MA et al. LSD1 protects against hippocampal and cortical neurodegeneration. Nat Commun 8:805 (2017). PubMed: 28993646
- Cleys ER et al. Androgen receptor and histone lysine demethylases in ovine placenta. PLoS One 10:e0117472 (2015). PubMed: 25675430