Product nameHuman KDM6A / UTX peptide
See all KDM6A / UTX proteins and peptides
Amino Acid Sequence
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab36937 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- bA386N14.2 (ubiquitously transcribed X chromosome tetratricopeptide repeat protein (UTX)
- bA386N14.2 ubiquitously transcribed X chromosome tetratricopeptide repeat protein UTX
FunctionHistone demethylase that specifically demethylates 'Lys-27' of histone H3, thereby playing a central role in histone code. Demethylates trimethylated and dimethylated but not monomethylated H3 'Lys-27'. Plays a central role in regulation of posterior development, by regulating HOX gene expression. Demethylation of 'Lys-27' of histone H3 is concomitent with methylation of 'Lys-4' of histone H3, and regulates the recruitment of the PRC1 complex and monoubiquitination of histone H2A.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the UTX family.
Contains 1 JmjC domain.
Contains 8 TPR repeats.
- Information by UniProt
ab36937 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.