Key features and details
- Purity: > 90% HPLC
- Suitable for: Blocking
Product nameHuman LAMP2A peptide
Purity> 90 % HPLC.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab23322 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-LAMP2A antibody - Lysosome Marker (ab18528)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- CD107 antigen-like family member B
- LAMP 2
FunctionImplicated in tumor cell metastasis. May function in protection of the lysosomal membrane from autodigestion, maintenance of the acidic environment of the lysosome, adhesion when expressed on the cell surface (plasma membrane), and inter- and intracellular signal transduction. Protects cells from the toxic effects of methylating mutagens.
Tissue specificityIsoform LAMP-2A is highly expressed in placenta, lung and liver, less in kidney and pancreas, low in brain and skeletal muscle. Isoform LAMP-2B is highly expressed in skeletal muscle, less in brain, placenta, lung, kidney and pancreas, very low in liver.
Involvement in diseaseDanon disease
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the LAMP family.
modificationsO- and N-glycosylated; some of the 16 N-linked glycans are polylactosaminoglycans.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Endosome membrane. Lysosome membrane. This protein shuttles between lysosomes, endosomes, and the plasma membrane.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab23322 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.