Product nameHuman LATS1 (WARTS) knockout THP-1 cell line
Parental Cell LineTHP-1
Recommended control: Human wild-type THP-1 cell line (ab275477). Please note a wild-type cell line is not automatically included with a knockout cell line order, if required please add recommended wild-type cell line at no additional cost using the code WILDTYPE-TMTK1.
Cryopreservation cell medium: Cell Freezing Medium-DMSO Serum free media, contains 8.7% DMSO in MEM supplemented with methyl cellulose.
Culture medium: RPMI + 10% FBS + 0.05 mM β-mercaptoethanol
Initial handling guidelines: Upon arrival, the vial should be stored in liquid nitrogen vapor phase and not at -80ºC. Storage at -80ºC may result in loss of viability.
1. Thaw the vial in 37ºC water bath approximately 1-2 minutes.
2. Transfer the cell suspension (0.8 ml) to a 15 ml/50 ml conical sterile polypropylene centrifuge tube containing 8.4 ml pre-warmed culture medium, wash vial with an additional 0.8 ml culture medium (total volume 10 ml) to collect remaining cells, and centrifuge at 201 x g (rcf) for 5 minutes at room temperature. 10 ml represents minimum recommended dilution. 20 ml represents maximum recommended dilution.
3. Resuspend the cell pellet in 5 ml pre-warmed culture medium and count using a haemocytometer (Click here to view haemocytometer protocol) or alternative cell counting method. Based on cell count, seed cells in an appropriate cell culture flask at a density of 2x104 cells/cm2. This should allow for confluency within 48 hours. Seeding density is given as a guide only and should be scaled to align with individual lab schedules.
4. Incubate the culture at 37ºC incubator with 5% CO2. Cultures should be monitored daily.
- All seeding densities should be based on cell counts gained by established methods.
- A guide seeding density of 2x104 cells/cm2 is recommended for confluency (80-90% confluence) within 48 hours.
- A partial media change 24 hours prior to subculture may be helpful to encourage growth, if required.
- Cells should be passaged when they have achieved 80-90% confluence.
This product is subject to limited use licenses from The Broad Institute and ERS Genomics Limited, and is developed with patented technology. For full details of the limited use licenses and relevant patents please refer to our limited use license and patent pages.
Number of cells1 x 106 cells/vial, 1 mL
Cell typeacute monocytic leukemia
DiseaseAcute Monocytic Leukemia
Storage instructionsShipped on Dry Ice. Store in liquid nitrogen.
Storage bufferConstituents: 8.7% DMSO, 2% Cellulose, methyl ether
FunctionNegative regulator of YAP1 in the Hippo signaling pathway that plays a pivotal role in organ size control and tumor suppression by restricting proliferation and promoting apoptosis. The core of this pathway is composed of a kinase cascade wherein STK3/MST2 and STK4/MST1, in complex with its regulatory protein SAV1, phosphorylates and activates LATS1/2 in complex with its regulatory protein MOB1, which in turn phosphorylates and inactivates YAP1 oncoprotein and WWTR1/TAZ. Phosphorylation of YAP1 by LATS1 inhibits its translocation into the nucleus to regulate cellular genes important for cell proliferation, cell death, and cell migration. Acts as a tumor suppressor which plays a critical role in maintenance of ploidy through its actions in both mitotic progression and the G1 tetraploidy checkpoint. Negatively regulates G2/M transition by down-regulating CDK1 kinase activity. Involved in the control of p53 expression. Affects cytokinesis by regulating actin polymerization through negative modulation of LIMK1. May also play a role in endocrine function.
Tissue specificityExpressed in all adult tissues examined except for lung and kidney.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family.
Contains 1 AGC-kinase C-terminal domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Contains 1 UBA domain.
modificationsAutophosphorylated and phosphorylated during M-phase of the cell cycle. Phosphorylated by STK3/MST2 at Ser-909 and Thr-1079, which results in its activation. Phosphorylation at Ser-464 by NUAK1 and NUAK2 leads to decreased protein level and is required to regulate cellular senescence and cellular ploidy.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm, cytoskeleton, microtubule organizing center, centrosome. Localizes to the centrosomes throughout interphase but migrates to the mitotic apparatus, including spindle pole bodies, mitotic spindle, and midbody, during mitosis.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab277862 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.