Product nameHuman LIM1/LHX1 peptide
Purity70 - 90% by HPLC.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab104205 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
This product was previously labelled as LIM1
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- Homeo box protein Lim 1
- Homeo box protein Lim1
FunctionPotential transcription factor. May play a role in early mesoderm formation and later in lateral mesoderm differentiation and neurogenesis.
Tissue specificityExpressed in the brain, thymus, and tonsils. Expressed in samples from patients with chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) and in 58% of acute myeloid leukemia (AML) cell lines.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 homeobox DNA-binding domain.
Contains 2 LIM zinc-binding domains.
DomainThe LIM domains exert a negative regulatory function and disruption of the LIM domains produces an activated form. In addition, two activation domains and a negative regulatory domain exist C-terminally to the homeobox.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab104205 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.