Product nameHuman LOX peptide
See all LOX proteins and peptides
Amino Acid Sequence
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28612 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-LOX antibody (ab31238)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
FunctionResponsible for the post-translational oxidative deamination of peptidyl lysine residues in precursors to fibrous collagen and elastin. In addition to cross-linking of extracellular matrix proteins, may have a direct role in tumor suppression.
Tissue specificityHeart, placenta, skeletal muscle, kidney, lung and pancreas.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in LOX may be a cause of cutis laxa autosomal recessive type 1 (ARCL1) [MIM:219100].
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the lysyl oxidase family.
modificationsThe lysine tyrosylquinone cross-link (LTQ) is generated by condensation of the epsilon-amino group of a lysine with a topaquinone produced by oxidation of tyrosine.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space.
- Information by UniProt
ab28612 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.