Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 0.15 ng/ml
- Range: 0.156 ng/ml - 5 ng/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Cerebral Spinal Fluid, Milk, Other biological fluids, Plasma, Saliva, Serum, Urine
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman Lysozyme ELISA Kit (LZM)
See all Lysozyme kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 5% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 7.1%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Saliva, Milk, Urine, Serum, Plasma, Other biological fluids, Cerebral Spinal Fluid
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity= 0.15 ng/ml
Range0.156 ng/ml - 5 ng/ml
= 97.5 %
Assay time4h 00m
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Human Lysozyme (LZM) in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of human Lysozyme in plasma, serum, urine, saliva, CSF and cell culture supernatants.
A Lysozyme specific antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells and subsequently a Lysozyme specific biotinylated detection antibody is added and then followed by washing with wash buffer. Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with wash buffer. TMB is then used to visualize Streptavidin-Peroxidase enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by Streptavidin-Peroxidase to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the amount of Lysozyme captured in plate.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for long term storage before reconstitution - Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 100X Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate 1 x 80µl 10X Diluent N Concentrate 1 x 30ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 2 x 30ml 50X Biotinylated Human Lysozyme Antibody 1 x 120µl Chromogen Substrate 1 x 8ml Lysozyme Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit Lysozyme Standard 1 vial Sealing Tapes 3 units Stop Solution 1 x 12ml
FunctionLysozymes have primarily a bacteriolytic function; those in tissues and body fluids are associated with the monocyte-macrophage system and enhance the activity of immunoagents.
Involvement in diseaseAmyloidosis 8
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glycosyl hydrolase 22 family.
- Information by UniProt
- 1 4 beta N acetylmuramidase C
- 4-beta-N-acetylmuramidase C
ab108880 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Makridakis M et al. Multiplexed MRM-based protein quantification of putative prognostic biomarkers for chronic kidney disease progression in plasma. Sci Rep 10:4815 (2020). PubMed: 32179759
- Mao Y et al. Processed human amniotic fluid retains its antibacterial activity. J Transl Med 17:68 (2019). PubMed: 30823930
- Glorieux G et al. New insights in molecular mechanisms involved in chronic kidney disease using high-resolution plasma proteome analysis. Nephrol Dial Transplant 30:1842-52 (2015). Sandwich ELISA ; Human . PubMed: 26160894