Product nameHuman MafA peptide
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28523 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
FunctionActs as a transcriptional factor. Specifically binds the insulin enhancer element RIPE3b and activates insulin gene expression. Cooperates synergistically with NEUROD1 and PDX1. Phosphorylation by GSK3 increases its transcriptional activity and is required for its oncogenic activity. Involved either as an oncogene or as a tumor suppressor, depending on the cell context.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the bZIP family. Maf subfamily.
Contains 1 bZIP domain.
modificationsUbiquitinated, leading to its degradation by the proteasome.
Ser-14 and Ser-65 appear to be the major phosphorylation sites. Phosphorylated by MAPK13 on serine and threonine residues (Probable). Phosphorylation by GSK3 requires prior phosphorylation of Ser-65 by another kinase. Phosphorylation proceeds then from Ser-61 to Thr-57, Thr-53 and Ser-49. GSK3-mediated phosphorylation increases its transcriptional activity through the recruitment of the coactivator PCAF, is required for its transforming activity and leads to its degradation through an ubiquitin/proteasome-dependent pathway.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Detected in nuclei of pancreas islet beta cells.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab28523 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.