Product nameHuman MCP1 ELISA Kit
See all MCP1 kits
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 2 pg/ml
Range2 pg/ml - 500 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 97.62 85% - 104% Serum 92.65 80% - 102% Plasma 90.42 79% - 101%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Abcam’s MCP1 Human ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Human MCP1 in serum, plasma, and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Human MCP1 coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and MCP1 present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Human MCP1 antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of Leptin bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Get higher sensitivity in only 90 minutes with Human MCP1 ELISA Kit (CCL2) (ab179886) from our SimpleStep ELISA® range.
Optimization may be required with urine samples.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 25ml 400X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 5X Assay Diluent 1 x 15ml Biotinylated anti-Human MCP1 (lyophilized) 2 vials MCP1 Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant Human MCP1 Standard (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
FunctionChemotactic factor that attracts monocytes and basophils but not neutrophils or eosinophils. Augments monocyte anti-tumor activity. Has been implicated in the pathogenesis of diseases characterized by monocytic infiltrates, like psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis or atherosclerosis. May be involved in the recruitment of monocytes into the arterial wall during the disease process of atherosclerosis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intercrine beta (chemokine CC) family.
modificationsProcessing at the N-terminus can regulate receptor and target cell selectivity. Deletion of the N-terminal residue converts it from an activator of basophil to an eosinophil chemoattractant.
- Information by UniProt
- C-C motif chemokine 2
ab100586 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Quan B et al. miR-141 alleviates LPS-induced inflammation injury in WI-38 fibroblasts by up-regulation of NOX2. Life Sci 216:271-278 (2019). PubMed: 30500550
- Ishii N et al. Conophylline suppresses pancreatic cancer desmoplasia and cancer-promoting cytokines produced by cancer-associated fibroblasts. Cancer Sci 110:334-344 (2019). PubMed: 30353606
- Nawaz SS et al. Potential role of serum fetuin-A in relation with pro-inflammatory, chemokine and adhesion molecules in diabetic kidney disease: a case-control study. Mol Biol Rep 46:1239-1246 (2019). PubMed: 30632070
- Meng D et al. Salvianolic acid B remits LPS-induced injury by up-regulating miR-142-3p in MH7A cells. Biomed Pharmacother 115:108876 (2019). PubMed: 31022596
- Qin D et al. Effect of macrophage migration inhibitory factor on inflammatory cytokines and fibrogenic gene expression in human RPE cells. Mol Med Rep 20:830-836 (2019). PubMed: 31180524
- Bai D et al. The effect of down-regulation of CCL5 on lipopolysaccharide-induced WI-38 fibroblast injury: a potential role for infantile pneumonia. Iran J Basic Med Sci 21:449-454 (2018). PubMed: 29922423