Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 0.3 ng/ml
- Range: 0.41 ng/ml - 100 ng/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman MMP3 ELISA Kit
See all MMP3 kits
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 0.3 ng/ml
Range0.41 ng/ml - 100 ng/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 94.72 84% - 103% Serum 95.39 83% - 103% Plasma 96.25 85% - 104%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Abcam’s MMP3 Human ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Human MMP3 pro and active forms in serum, plasma, and cell culture supernatants. (Collect plasma using heparin as an anticoagulant. EDTA and Citrate are not recommended).
This assay employs an antibody specific for Human MMP3 coated on a 96- well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and MMP3 present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Human MMP3 antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of MMP3 bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Get results in 90 minutes with Human MMP3 ELISA Kit (ab189572) from our SimpleStep ELISA® range.
Optimisation may be required with urine samples.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 1400X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 20X Wash Buffer 1 x 25ml 5X Assay Diluent 1 x 15ml Biotinylated anti-Human MMP3 2 vials MMP3 Microplate (12 strips x 8 wells) 1 unit MMP3 Standard Human (recombinant) (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
FunctionCan degrade fibronectin, laminin, gelatins of type I, III, IV, and V; collagens III, IV, X, and IX, and cartilage proteoglycans. Activates procollagenase.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M10A family.
Contains 4 hemopexin-like domains.
DomainThe conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- Matrix metalloproteinase 3
- Matrix metalloproteinase 3 preproprotein
ab100607 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Liu X et al. Antagonism of NK-1R using aprepitant suppresses inflammatory response in rheumatoid arthritis fibroblast-like synoviocytes. Artif Cells Nanomed Biotechnol 47:1628-1634 (2019). PubMed: 31010320
- Han HS et al. Hydrangea serrata (Thunb.) Ser. Extract Attenuate UVB-Induced Photoaging through MAPK/AP-1 Inactivation in Human Skin Fibroblasts and Hairless Mice. Nutrients 11:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30823635
- Miro C et al. Thyroid hormone induces progression and invasiveness of squamous cell carcinomas by promoting a ZEB-1/E-cadherin switch. Nat Commun 10:5410 (2019). PubMed: 31776338
- Qiu WJ et al. MicroRNA-27a alleviates IL-1ß-induced inflammatory response and articular cartilage degradation via TLR4/NF-?B signaling pathway in articular chondrocytes. Int Immunopharmacol 76:105839 (2019). PubMed: 31520995