Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 10 pg/ml
- Range: 8.23 pg/ml - 6000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman MMP9 ELISA Kit (lyophilized)
See all MMP9 kits
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 10 pg/ml
Range8.23 pg/ml - 6000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 95.38 84% - 104% Serum 96.23 84% - 103% Plasma 94.64 83% - 102%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Abcam’s MMP9 Human ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Human MMP9 pro and active forms in serum, plasma (Collect plasma using heparin as an anticoagulant. EDTA and Citrate are not recommended), and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Human MMP9 coated on a 96- well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and MMP9 present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Human MMP9 antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of MMP9 bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Optimisation may be required with urine samples.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer 1 x 25ml 400X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 5X Assay Diluent 1 x 15ml Biotinylated anti-Human MMP9 (lyophilized) 2 vials MMP9 Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant Human MMP9 Standard (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
FunctionMay play an essential role in local proteolysis of the extracellular matrix and in leukocyte migration. Could play a role in bone osteoclastic resorption. Cleaves KiSS1 at a Gly-
-Leu bond. Cleaves type IV and type V collagen into large C-terminal three quarter fragments and shorter N-terminal one quarter fragments. Degrades fibronectin but not laminin or Pz-peptide.
Tissue specificityProduced by normal alveolar macrophages and granulocytes.
Involvement in diseaseIntervertebral disc disease
Metaphyseal anadysplasia 2
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M10A family.
Contains 3 fibronectin type-II domains.
Contains 4 hemopexin repeats.
DomainThe conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
modificationsProcessing of the precursor yields different active forms of 64, 67 and 82 kDa. Sequentially processing by MMP3 yields the 82 kDa matrix metalloproteinase-9.
N- and O-glycosylated.
Cellular localizationSecreted, extracellular space, extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- 82 kDa matrix metalloproteinase-9
- 92 kDa gelatinase
- 92 kDa type IV collagenase
ab100610 has been referenced in 27 publications.
- Du Q et al. High Expression of Integrin a3 Predicts Poor Prognosis and Promotes Tumor Metastasis and Angiogenesis by Activating the c-Src/Extracellular Signal-Regulated Protein Kinase/Focal Adhesion Kinase Signaling Pathway in Cervical Cancer. Front Oncol 10:36 (2020). PubMed: 32117712
- Yu Q et al. TSLP induces a proinflammatory phenotype in circulating innate cells and predicts prognosis in sepsis patients. FEBS Open Bio 9:2137-2148 (2019). PubMed: 31628890
- Guo Y et al. The lncRNA ELF3-AS1 promotes bladder cancer progression by interaction with Krüppel-like factor 8. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 508:762-768 (2019). PubMed: 30528231
- Ju Y et al. Loss of atypical chemokine receptor 4 facilitates C-C motif chemokine ligand 21-mediated tumor growth and invasion in nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Exp Ther Med 17:613-620 (2019). PubMed: 30651842
- Meng D et al. Effects of VEGFR1+ hematopoietic progenitor cells on pre-metastatic niche formation and in vivo metastasis of breast cancer cells. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 145:411-427 (2019). PubMed: 30483898