Key features and details
- Purity: > 70% HPLC
- Suitable for: Blocking
Product nameHuman MMP9 peptide
See all MMP9 proteins and peptides
Purity> 70 % HPLC.
70 - 90% by HPLC
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab73733 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-MMP9 antibody (ab73734)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- 82 kDa matrix metalloproteinase-9
- 92 kDa gelatinase
- 92 kDa type IV collagenase
FunctionMay play an essential role in local proteolysis of the extracellular matrix and in leukocyte migration. Could play a role in bone osteoclastic resorption. Cleaves KiSS1 at a Gly-
-Leu bond. Cleaves type IV and type V collagen into large C-terminal three quarter fragments and shorter N-terminal one quarter fragments. Degrades fibronectin but not laminin or Pz-peptide.
Tissue specificityProduced by normal alveolar macrophages and granulocytes.
Involvement in diseaseIntervertebral disc disease
Metaphyseal anadysplasia 2
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M10A family.
Contains 3 fibronectin type-II domains.
Contains 4 hemopexin repeats.
DomainThe conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
modificationsProcessing of the precursor yields different active forms of 64, 67 and 82 kDa. Sequentially processing by MMP3 yields the 82 kDa matrix metalloproteinase-9.
N- and O-glycosylated.
Cellular localizationSecreted, extracellular space, extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab73733 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Jian Y et al. Down-regulated microRNA-30b-3p inhibits proliferation, invasion and migration of glioma cells via inactivation of the AKT signaling pathway by up-regulating RECK. Biosci Rep 39:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31270250