Product nameHuman Monocarboxylic acid transporter 1 peptide
See all Monocarboxylic acid transporter 1 proteins and peptides
Purity70 - 90% by HPLC.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab97985 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
FunctionProton-linked monocarboxylate transporter. Catalyzes the rapid transport across the plasma membrane of many monocarboxylates such as lactate, pyruvate, branched-chain oxo acids derived from leucine, valine and isoleucine, and the ketone bodies acetoacetate, beta-hydroxybutyrate and acetate.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed in normal and in cancer cells.
Involvement in diseaseSymptomatic deficiency in lactate transport
Familial hyperinsulinemic hypoglycemia 7
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the major facilitator superfamily. Monocarboxylate porter (TC 2.A.1.13) family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab97985 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.