Product nameHuman Musashi 1 / Msi1 peptide
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab23870 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-Musashi 1 / Msi1 antibody (ab21628)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- Msi 1
FunctionRNA binding protein that regulates the expression of target mRNAs at the translation level. Regulates expression of the NOTCH1 antagonist NUMB. Binds RNA containing the sequence 5'-GUUAGUUAGUUAGUU-3' and other sequences containing the pattern 5'-[GA]U(1-3)AGU-3'. May play a role in the proliferation and maintenance of stem cells in the central nervous system.
Tissue specificityDetected in fetal kidney, brain, liver and lung, and in adult brain and pancreas. Detected in hepatoma cell lines.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Musashi family.
Contains 2 RRM (RNA recognition motif) domains.
DomainThe first RNA recognition motif binds more strongly to RNA compared to the second one.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab23870 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.