Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 10 pg/ml
- Range: 312 pg/ml - 20000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Cell Lysate, EDTA Plasma, Hep Plasma, Saliva, Serum, Tissue Homogenate, Urine
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman Myeloperoxidase ELISA Kit (MPO)
See all Myeloperoxidase kits
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Saliva, Urine, Serum, Cell Lysate, Hep Plasma, EDTA Plasma, Tissue Homogenate
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 10 pg/ml
Range312 pg/ml - 20000 pg/ml
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Abcam’s Human Myeloperoxidase (MPO) in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the accurate quantitative measurement of Myeloperoxidase in cell culture supernatants, cell lysate, tissue homogenates, serum, plasma (heparin, EDTA), saliva and urine.
A Myeloperoxidase specific mouse monoclonal antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates. Standards and test samples are added to the wells and incubated. A biotinylated detection polyclonal antibody from goat specific for Myeloperoxidase is then added followed by washing with PBS or TBS buffer. Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with PBS or TBS buffer. TMB is then used to visualize the HRP enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by HRP to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the Human Myeloperoxidase amount of sample captured in plate.
Get results in 90 minutes with Human Myeloperoxidase ELISA Kit (ab195212) from our SimpleStep ELISA® range.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 1 x 96 tests ABC Diluent Buffer Blue Cap 1 x 12ml Antibody Diluent Buffer Green Cap 1 x 12ml Anti-Human Myeloperoxidase antibody Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex (ABC) 1 x 100µl Biotinylated anti-Human Myeloperoxidase antibody 1 x 130µl Lyophilized recombinant Human Myeloperoxidase standard 2 x 20ng Plate Seal 4 units Sample Diluent Buffer Green Cap 1 x 30ml TMB Color Developing Agent Amber Bottle 1 x 10ml TMB Stop Solution Yellow Cap 1 x 10ml
FunctionPart of the host defense system of polymorphonuclear leukocytes. It is responsible for microbicidal activity against a wide range of organisms. In the stimulated PMN, MPO catalyzes the production of hypohalous acids, primarily hypochlorous acid in physiologic situations, and other toxic intermediates that greatly enhance PMN microbicidal activity.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in MPO are the cause of myeloperoxidase deficiency (MPD) [MIM:254600]. MPD is an autosomal recessive defect that results in disseminated candidiasis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peroxidase family. XPO subfamily.
- Information by UniProt
- 84 kDa myeloperoxidase
- 89 kDa myeloperoxidase
- EC 188.8.131.52
ab119605 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Isaacs AW et al. C-Reactive Protein Is Elevated Only in High Creatine Kinase Responders to Muscle Damaging Exercise. Front Physiol 10:86 (2019). PubMed: 30804809
- Koupenova M et al. The role of platelets in mediating a response to human influenza infection. Nat Commun 10:1780 (2019). PubMed: 30992428
- Han G et al. Annexin A1-mediated inhibition of inflammatory cytokines may facilitate the resolution of inflammation in acute radiation-induced lung injury. Oncol Lett 18:321-329 (2019). PubMed: 31289503
- Garcia-Martinez I et al. A leukocyte activation test identifies food items which induce release of DNA by innate immune peripheral blood leucocytes. Nutr Metab (Lond) 15:26 (2018). PubMed: 29651299
- Petersen KS et al. Grape polyphenols corrects ageing-related detriments in neutrophil functionality via modulation of specific molecular targets. Inflammopharmacology 26:1349-1358 (2018). PubMed: 29951779
- Egorov AI et al. Vegetated land cover near residence is associated with reduced allostatic load and improved biomarkers of neuroendocrine, metabolic and immune functions. Environ Res 158:508-521 (2017). PubMed: 28709033
- Aldabbous L et al. Neutrophil Extracellular Traps Promote Angiogenesis: Evidence From Vascular Pathology in Pulmonary Hypertension. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 36:2078-87 (2016). PubMed: 27470511
- Li L et al. Phenol-soluble modulin a4 mediates Staphylococcus aureus-associated vascular leakage by stimulating heparin-binding protein release from neutrophils. Sci Rep 6:29373 (2016). PubMed: 27383625
- Chu Y et al. Myeloperoxidase is increased in human cerebral aneurysms and increases formation and rupture of cerebral aneurysms in mice. Stroke 46:1651-6 (2015). PubMed: 25922506
- Zhou C et al. Decreased progranulin levels in patients and rats with subarachnoid hemorrhage: a potential role in inhibiting inflammation by suppressing neutrophil recruitment. J Neuroinflammation 12:200 (2015). Rat . PubMed: 26527034