Key features and details
- Purity: > 90% HPLC
- Suitable for: Blocking
Product nameHuman NAP1L1 peptide
See all NAP1L1 proteins and peptides
Purity> 90 % HPLC.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab22418 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-NAP1L1 antibody (ab33076)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- HSP22 like protein interacting protein
FunctionMay be involved in modulating chromatin formation and contribute to regulation of cell proliferation.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the nucleosome assembly protein (NAP) family.
DomainThe acidic domains are probably involved in the interaction with histones.
modificationsPolyglutamylated by TTLL4, a modification that occurs exclusively on glutamate residues and results in polyglutamate chains on the gamma-carboxyl group. Some residues may also be monoglycylated but not polyglycylated due to the absence of functional TTLL10 in human.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Melanosome. Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab22418 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.