Product nameHuman NDRG1 knockout HEK293T cell line
See all NDRG1 lysates
Parental Cell LineHEK293T
Mutation descriptionKnockout achieved by using CRISPR/Cas9, Homozygous: 1 bp insertion in exon 3
Knockout validationSanger Sequencing, Western Blot (WB)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Recommended control: Human wild-type HEK293T cell line (ab255449). Please note a wild-type cell line is not automatically included with a knockout cell line order, if required please add recommended wild-type cell line at no additional cost using the code WILDTYPE-TMTK1.
Cryopreservation cell medium: Cell Freezing Medium-DMSO Serum free media, contains 8.7% DMSO in MEM supplemented with methyl cellulose.
Culture medium: DMEM (High Glucose) + 10% FBS
Initial handling guidelines: Upon arrival, the vial should be stored in liquid nitrogen vapor phase and not at -80ºC. Storage at -80ºC may result in loss of viability.
1. Thaw the vial in 37ºC water bath approximately 1-2 minutes.
2. Transfer the cell suspension (0.8 ml) to a 15 ml/50 ml conical sterile polypropylene centrifuge tube containing 8.4 ml pre-warmed culture medium, wash vial with an additional 0.8 ml culture medium (total volume 10 ml) to collect remaining cells, and centrifuge at 201 x g (rcf) for 5 minutes at room temperature. 10 ml represents minimum recommended dilution. 20 ml represents maximum recommended dilution.
3. Resuspend the cell pellet in 5 ml pre-warmed culture medium and count using a haemocytometer (Click here to view haemocytometer protocol) or alternative cell counting method. Based on cell count, seed cells in an appropriate cell culture flask at a density of 2x104 cells/cm2. This should allow for confluency within 48 hours. Seeding density is given as a guide only and should be scaled to align with individual lab schedules.
4. Incubate the culture at 37ºC incubator with 5% CO2. Cultures should be monitored daily.
- All seeding densities should be based on cell counts gained by established methods.
- A guide seeding density of 2x104 cells/cm2 is recommended for confluency (80-90% confluence) within 48 hours.
- A partial media change 24 hours prior to subculture may be helpful to encourage growth, if required.
- Cells should be passaged when they have achieved 80-90% confluence.
This product is subject to limited use licenses from The Broad Institute, ERS Genomics Limited and Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC, and is developed with patented technology. For full details of the licenses and patents please refer to our limited use license and patent pages.
Number of cells1 x 106 cells/vial, 1 mL
STR AnalysisAmelogenin X D5S818: 8, 9 D13S317: 12, 14 D7S820: 11 D16S539: 9, 13 vWA: 16, 19 TH01: 7, 9.3 TPOX: 11 CSF1PO: 11, 12
Antibiotic resistancePuromycin 1.00µg/ml
Storage instructionsShipped on Dry Ice. Store in liquid nitrogen.
Storage bufferConstituents: 8.7% DMSO, 2% Cellulose, methyl ether
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
FunctionMay have a growth inhibitory role.
Tissue specificityUbiquitous; expressed most prominently in placental membranes and prostate, kidney, small intestine, and ovary tissues. Reduced expression in adenocarcinomas compared to normal tissues. In colon, prostate and placental membranes, the cells that border the lumen show the highest expression.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in NDRG1 are the cause of Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 4D (CMT4D) [MIM:601455]; also known as hereditary motor and sensory neuropathy Lom type (HMSNL). CMT4D is a recessive form of Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease, the most common inherited disorder of the peripheral nervous system. Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease is classified in two main groups on the basis of electrophysiologic properties and histopathology: primary peripheral demyelinating neuropathy and primary peripheral axonal neuropathy. Demyelinating CMT neuropathies are characterized by severely reduced nerve conduction velocities (less than 38 m/sec), segmental demyelination and remyelination with onion bulb formations on nerve biopsy, slowly progressive distal muscle atrophy and weakness, absent deep tendon reflexes, and hollow feet. By convention, autosomal recessive forms of demyelinating Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease are designated CMT4.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the NDRG family.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Cell membrane. Whereas in prostate epithelium and placental chorion it is located in both the cytoplasm and the nucleus, nuclear staining is not observed in colon epithelium cells. Instead its localization changes from the cytoplasm to the plasma membrane during differentiation of colon carcinoma cell lines in vitro.
- Information by UniProt
KO cell lysates
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab267301 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 43 kDa.|
All lanes : Anti-NDRG1 antibody [EPR5593] (ab124689) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Wild-type HEK-293T (Human epithelial cell line from embryonic kidney transformed with large T antigen) whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : NDRG1 knockout HEK-293T (Human epithelial cell line from embryonic kidney transformed with large T antigen) whole cell lysate
Lane 3 : HeLa (Human epithelial cell line from cervix adenocarcinoma) whole cell lysate
Lane 4 : Jurkat (Human T cell leukemia cell line from peripheral blood) whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preadsorbed (ab216773) at 1/10000 dilution
Predicted band size: 43 kDa
Observed band size: 43 kDa
ab124689 Anti-NDRG1 antibody [EPR5593] was shown to specifically react with NDRG1 in wild-type HEK-293T cells. Loss of signal was observed when knockout cell line ab267301 (knockout cell lysate ab257551) was used. Wild-type and NDRG1 knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. ab124689 and Anti-GAPDH antibody [6C5] - Loading Control (ab8245) were incubated overnight at 4°C at 1 in 1000 dilution and 1 in 20000 dilution respectively. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preadsorbed (ab216773) and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preadsorbed (ab216776) secondary antibodies at 1 in 20000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
Homozygous: 1 bp insertion in exon3
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab267301 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.