Product nameHuman Nestin peptide
Amino Acid Sequence
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab19375 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-Nestin antibody - Neural Stem Cell Marker (ab92391)
Purity70 - 90% by HPLC.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- ESTM 46
- FLJ 21841
FunctionRequired for brain and eye development. Promotes the disassembly of phosphorylated vimentin intermediate filaments (IF) during mitosis and may play a role in the trafficking and distribution of IF proteins and other cellular factors to daughter cells during progenitor cell division. Required for survival, renewal and mitogen-stimulated proliferation of neural progenitor cells.
Tissue specificityCNS stem cells.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
Developmental stageUpon terminal neural differentiation, nestin is down-regulated and replaced by neurofilaments.
modificationsConstitutively phosphorylated. This increases during mitosis when the cytoplasmic intermediate filament network is reorganized.
- Information by UniProt
ab19375 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.