Product nameHuman Oct4 peptide
See all Oct4 proteins and peptides
Amino Acid Sequence
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab20650 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Purity70 - 90% by HPLC.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Information available upon request.
- Octamer binding transcription factor 4
- Oct 3
FunctionTranscription factor that binds to the octamer motif (5'-ATTTGCAT-3'). Forms a trimeric complex with SOX2 on DNA and controls the expression of a number of genes involved in embryonic development such as YES1, FGF4, UTF1 and ZFP206. Critical for early embryogenesis and for embryonic stem cell pluripotency.
Tissue specificityExpressed in developing brain. Highest levels found in specific cell layers of the cortex, the olfactory bulb, the hippocampus and the cerebellum. Low levels of expression in adult tissues.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the POU transcription factor family. Class-5 subfamily.
Contains 1 homeobox DNA-binding domain.
Contains 1 POU-specific domain.
Developmental stageHighly expressed in undifferentiated embryonic stem cells and expression decreases gradually after embryoid body (EB) formation.
DomainThe POU-specific domain mediates interaction with PKM2.
modificationsSumoylation enhances the protein stability, DNA binding and transactivation activity. Sumoylation is required for enhanced YES1 expression.
Ubiquitinated; undergoes 'Lys-63'-linked polyubiquitination by WWP2 leading to proteasomal degradation.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Expressed in a diffuse and slightly punctuate pattern.
- Information by UniProt
This product has been referenced in:
- Leopardo NP & Vitullo AD Early embryonic development and spatiotemporal localization of mammalian primordial germ cell-associated proteins in the basal rodent Lagostomus maximus. Sci Rep 7:594 (2017). Read more (PubMed: 28377629) »
- Salmina K et al. Up-regulation of the embryonic self-renewal network through reversible polyploidy in irradiated p53-mutant tumour cells. Exp Cell Res 316:2099-112 (2010). Blocking . Read more (PubMed: 20457152) »