Key features and details
- Purity: > 90% HPLC
Product nameHuman Oct6 peptide
Purity> 90 % HPLC.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab31795 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- class 3
FunctionTranscription factor that binds to the octamer motif (5'-ATTTGCAT-3'). Thought to be involved in early embryogenesis and neurogenesis.
Tissue specificityExpressed in embryonal stem cells and in the developing brain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the POU transcription factor family. Class-3 subfamily.
Contains 1 homeobox DNA-binding domain.
Contains 1 POU-specific domain.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab31795 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.