Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 50 pg/ml
- Range: 74.07 pg/ml - 18000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Milk, Plasma, Serum, Urine
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman Osteopontin ELISA Kit
See all Osteopontin kits
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Milk, Urine, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 50 pg/ml
Range74.07 pg/ml - 18000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 103.5 95% - 118% Serum 89.92 88% - 108% Plasma 92.41 90% - 109%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Abcam’s Osteopontin Human ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Human Osteopontin in serum, plasma, and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Human Osteopontin coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and Osteopontin present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Human Osteopontin antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of Osteopontin bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Get higher sensitivity in only 90 minutes with Human Osteopontin ELISA Kit (ab192143) from our SimpleStep ELISA® range.
Optimization may be required with urine samples
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 25ml 500X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 5X Assay Diluent B 1 x 15ml Assay Diluent A 1 x 30ml Biotinylated anti-Human Osteopontin 2 vials Osteopontin Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant Human Osteopontin Standard (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
FunctionBinds tightly to hydroxyapatite. Appears to form an integral part of the mineralized matrix. Probably important to cell-matrix interaction.
Acts as a cytokine involved in enhancing production of interferon-gamma and interleukin-12 and reducing production of interleukin-10 and is essential in the pathway that leads to type I immunity.
Tissue specificityBone. Found in plasma.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the osteopontin family.
modificationsExtensively phosphorylated on clustered serine residues.
N- and O-glycosylated.
Phosphorylation sites are present in the extracelllular medium.
- Information by UniProt
- Bone sialoprotein 1
- Bone sialoprotein I
Osteopontin measured in biological fluids showing quantity (pg) per mL of tested sample. Human serum diluted 10-30 fold. Human plasma diluted 50 fold - below detection. Human milk diluted 18000-54000 fold. Human urine diluted 100 fold.
Representative Standard Curve using ab100618.
Representative Standard Curve using ab100618.
ab100618 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Werner de Castro GR et al. Evaluation of Bone Metabolism Biomarkers in Paget's Disease of Bone. Cureus 11:e4791 (2019). PubMed: 31384515
- Meng L et al. Osteopontin plays important roles in pulmonary arterial hypertension induced by systemic-to-pulmonary shunt. FASEB J 33:7236-7251 (2019). PubMed: 30893567
- Jones BJ et al. Dextranol: An inert xeroprotectant. PLoS One 14:e0222006 (2019). PubMed: 31490977
- Liu Y et al. Roles of microRNA-539 and osteopontin in rheumatoid arthritis. Exp Ther Med 15:2681-2687 (2018). PubMed: 29467860
- Gopal N et al. Association of Salivary Osteopontin Levels with Glycaemic Status and Microalbuminuria - in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. J Clin Diagn Res 10:BC06-8 (2016). PubMed: 27656430
- Matsue Y et al. Serum osteopontin predicts degree of hepatic fibrosis and serves as a biomarker in patients with hepatitis C virus infection. PLoS One 10:e0118744 (2015). Human . PubMed: 25760884
- Ozeki N et al. Differentiation of human skeletal muscle stem cells into odontoblasts is dependent on induction of a1 integrin expression. J Biol Chem 289:14380-91 (2014). PubMed: 24692545
- Haslene-Hox H et al. Quantification of the concentration gradient of biomarkers between ovarian carcinoma interstitial fluid and blood. BBA Clin 2:18-23 (2014). PubMed: 26673827
- Arner E et al. Ceruloplasmin is a novel adipokine which is overexpressed in adipose tissue of obese subjects and in obesity-associated cancer cells. PLoS One 9:e80274 (2014). PubMed: 24676332
- Reza S et al. Expression of osteopontin in patients with thyroid dysfunction. PLoS One 8:e56533 (2013). ELISA ; Human . PubMed: 23437160