Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 0.02 ng/ml
- Range: 0.0781 ng/ml - 5 ng/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Cerebral Spinal Fluid, Plasma, Serum, Tissue
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman PAI1 ELISA Kit (SERPINE1)
See all PAI1 kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 4.1% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 9.6%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma, Tissue, Cerebral Spinal Fluid
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity= 0.02 ng/ml
Range0.078 ng/ml - 5 ng/ml
Assay time4h 00m
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Abcam’s PAI1 (SERPINE1) Human in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of PAI1 concentrations in Human plasma, serum, tissue extracts and cell culture supernatants.
A PAI1 specific antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells and subsequently a PAI1 specific biotinylated detection antibody is added and then followed by washing with wash buffer. Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with wash buffer. TMB is then used to visualize Streptavidin-Peroxidase enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by Streptavidin-Peroxidase to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the amount of PAI1 captured in plate.
This assay recognizes both natural and recombinant Human PAI-1.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for long term storage before reconstitution - Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 100X Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate 1 x 80µl 10X Diluent N Concentrate 1 x 30ml 1X Standard Diluent 1 x 2ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 2 x 30ml 50X Biotinylated Human PAI1 Antibody 1 x 120µl Chromogen Substrate 1 x 8ml PAI1 Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit PAI1 Standard 1 vial Sealing Tapes 3 units Stop Solution 1 x 12ml
FunctionThis inhibitor acts as 'bait' for tissue plasminogen activator, urokinase, and protein C. Its rapid interaction with TPA may function as a major control point in the regulation of fibrinolysis.
Tissue specificityFound in plasma and platelets and in endothelial, hepatoma and fibrosarcoma cells.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in SERPINE1 are the cause of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 deficiency (PAI-1D) [MIM:613329]. It is a hematologic disorder characterized by increased bleeding after trauma, injury, or surgery. Affected females have menorrhagia. The bleeding defect is due to increased fibrinolysis of fibrin blood clots due to deficiency of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1, which inhibits tissue and urinary activators of plasminogen.
Note=High concentrations of SERPINE1 seem to contribute to the development of venous but not arterial occlusions.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the serpin family.
modificationsInactivated by proteolytic attack of the urokinase-type (u-PA) and the tissue-type (TPA), cleaving the 369-Arg-
- Information by UniProt
- Clade E
- Endothelial plasminogen activator inhibitor
ab108891 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Rodríguez-Lorenzo S et al. Altered secretory and neuroprotective function of the choroid plexus in progressive multiple sclerosis. Acta Neuropathol Commun 8:35 (2020). PubMed: 32192527
- Li B et al. MicroRNA-30b protects myocardial cell function in patients with acute myocardial ischemia by targeting plasminogen activator inhibitor-1. Exp Ther Med 15:5125-5132 (2018). PubMed: 29805539
- Arnandis T et al. Oxidative Stress in Cells with Extra Centrosomes Drives Non-Cell-Autonomous Invasion. Dev Cell 47:409-424.e9 (2018). PubMed: 30458137
- Al-Awadhi FH et al. Grassystatins D-F, Potent Aspartic Protease Inhibitors from Marine Cyanobacteria as Potential Antimetastatic Agents Targeting Invasive Breast Cancer. J Nat Prod 80:2969-2986 (2017). PubMed: 29087712
- Li X et al. Regulatory role of microRNA-30b and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 in the pathogenesis of cognitive impairment. Exp Ther Med 11:1993-1998 (2016). PubMed: 27168840
- Giacoia EG et al. PAI-1 leads to G1-phase cell-cycle progression through cyclin D3/cdk4/6 upregulation. Mol Cancer Res 12:322-34 (2014). PubMed: 24464915
- Jin R et al. Dietary fructose reduction improves markers of cardiovascular disease risk in Hispanic-American adolescents with NAFLD. Nutrients 6:3187-201 (2014). Human . PubMed: 25111123