Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 1 pg/ml
- Range: 0.549 pg/ml - 400 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman PDGF BB ELISA Kit
See all PDGF BB kits
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 1 pg/ml
Range0.549 pg/ml - 400 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 95.43 84% - 104% Serum 93.57 82% - 103% Plasma 91.99 83% - 104%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Abcam’s PDGF BB Human ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Human PDGF BB in serum, plasma, and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Human PDGF BB coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and PDGF BB present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Human PDGF BB antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of PDGF BB bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Get results in 90 minutes with Human PDGF BB ELISA Kit (ab184860) from our SimpleStep ELISA® range.
Note: Optimization may be required with urine samples, and very low level are detectable in serum
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer 1 x 25ml 5X Assay Diluent B 1 x 15ml 800X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl Assay Diluent A 1 x 30ml Biotinylated anti-Human PDGF BB 2 vials PDGF BB Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant Human PDGF BB Standard (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
FunctionGrowth factor that plays an essential role in the regulation of embryonic development, cell proliferation, cell migration, survival and chemotaxis. Potent mitogen for cells of mesenchymal origin. Required for normal proliferation and recruitment of pericytes and vascular smooth muscle cells in the central nervous system, skin, lung, heart and placenta. Required for normal blood vessel development, and for normal development of kidney glomeruli. Plays an important role in wound healing. Signaling is modulated by the formation of heterodimers with PDGFA.
Tissue specificityExpressed at high levels in the heart, brain (sustantia nigra), placenta and fetal kidney. Expressed at moderate levels in the brain (hippocampus), skeletal muscle, kidney and lung.
Involvement in diseaseNote=A chromosomal aberration involving PDGFB is found in dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans. Translocation t(17;22)(q22;q13) with PDGFB.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PDGF/VEGF growth factor family.
Cellular localizationSecreted. Released by platelets upon wounding.
- Information by UniProt
- c sis
SimpleStep ELISA kits
ab100624 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Lin TW et al. Establishing Liposome-Immobilized Dexamethasone-Releasing PDMS Membrane for the Cultivation of Retinal Pigment Epithelial Cells and Suppression of Neovascularization. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30634448
- Fozzatti L et al. Interplay of fibroblasts with anaplastic tumor cells promotes follicular thyroid cancer progression. Sci Rep 9:8028 (2019). PubMed: 31142771
- Zhang H et al. MiR-148b-3p inhibits renal carcinoma cell growth and pro-angiogenic phenotype of endothelial cell potentially by modulating FGF2. Biomed Pharmacother 107:359-367 (2018). PubMed: 30099339
- Steinecker-Frohnwieser B et al. Pharmacological treatment with diacerein combined with mechanical stimulation affects the expression of growth factors in human chondrocytes. Biochem Biophys Rep 11:154-160 (2017). Sandwich ELISA ; Human . PubMed: 28955780
- Tanaka K et al. miR-27 is associated with chemoresistance in esophageal cancer through transformation of normal fibroblasts to cancer-associated fibroblasts. Carcinogenesis 36:894-903 (2015). ELISA ; Human . PubMed: 26026166
- Pacaud R et al. The DNMT1/PCNA/UHRF1 disruption induces tumorigenesis characterized by similar genetic and epigenetic signatures. Sci Rep 4:4230 (2014). Sandwich ELISA ; Human . PubMed: 24637615
- Chang YC et al. The generation of induced pluripotent stem cells for macular degeneration as a drug screening platform: identification of curcumin as a protective agent for retinal pigment epithelial cells against oxidative stress. Front Aging Neurosci 6:191 (2014). Sandwich ELISA ; Human . PubMed: 25136316