Product nameHuman PIAS2 peptide
See all PIAS2 proteins and peptides
Amino Acid Sequence
Molecular weight68 kDa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab119168 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Purity70 - 90% by HPLC.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- Androgen receptor interacting protein 3
- Androgen receptor-interacting protein 3
FunctionFunctions as an E3-type small ubiquitin-like modifier (SUMO) ligase, stabilizing the interaction between UBE2I and the substrate, and as a SUMO-tethering factor. Plays a crucial role as a transcriptional coregulator in various cellular pathways, including the STAT pathway, the p53 pathway and the steroid hormone signaling pathway. The effects of this transcriptional coregulation, transactivation or silencing may vary depending upon the biological context and the PIAS2 isoform studied. However, it seems to be mostly involved in gene silencing. Binds to sumoylated ELK1 and enhances its transcriptional activity by preventing recruitment of HDAC2 by ELK1, thus reversing SUMO-mediated repression of ELK1 transactivation activity. Isoform PIAS2-beta, but not isoform PIAS2-alpha, promotes MDM2 sumoylation. Isoform PIAS2-alpha promotes PARK7 sumoylation. Isoform PIAS2-beta promotes NCOA2 sumoylation more efficiently than isoform PIAS2-alpha. Isoform PIAS2-alpha sumoylates PML at'Lys-65' and 'Lys-160'.
Tissue specificityMainly expressed in testis. Isoform 3 is expressed predominantly in adult testis, weakly in pancreas, embryonic testis and sperm, and at very low levels in other organs.
PathwayProtein modification; protein sumoylation.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PIAS family.
Contains 1 PINIT domain.
Contains 1 SAP domain.
Contains 1 SP-RING-type zinc finger.
Developmental stageIsoform 3 expression in adult testis is 14.2-fold stronger than in embryonic testis.
DomainThe LXXLL motif is a transcriptional coregulator signature.
Cellular localizationNucleus speckle. Nucleus, PML body. Nucleus. Colocalizes at least partially with promyelocytic leukemia nuclear bodies (PML NBs) (PubMed:22406621). Colocalizes with SUMO1 in nuclear granules (By similarity).
- Information by UniProt
ab119168 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.