Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 2 pg/ml
- Range: 1.372 pg/ml - 1000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman PLGF ELISA Kit
See all PLGF kits
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 2 pg/ml
Range1.372 pg/ml - 1000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 103.4 75% - 115% Serum 88.09 79% - 96% Plasma 75.69 68% - 93%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Abcam’s PLGF Human ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Human PLGF in serum, plasma, and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Human PLGF coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and PLGF present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Human PLGF antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of PGF bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Optimization may be required with urine samples.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 200X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 20X Wash Buffer 1 x 25ml 5X Assay Diluent 1 x 15ml Biotinylated anti-Human PLGF 2 vials PLGF Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant Human PLGF Standard (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
FunctionGrowth factor active in angiogenesis and endothelial cell growth, stimulating their proliferation and migration. It binds to the receptor FLT1/VEGFR-1. Isoform PlGF-2 binds NRP1/neuropilin-1 and NRP2/neuropilin-2 in a heparin-dependent manner.
Tissue specificityWhile the three isoforms are present in most placental tissues, PlGF-2 is specific to early (8 week) placenta and only PlGF-1 is found in the colon and mammary carcinomas.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PDGF/VEGF growth factor family.
DomainIsoform PlGF-2 contains a basic insert which acts as a cell retention signal.
Cellular localizationSecreted. The three isoforms are secreted but PlGF-2 appears to remain cell attached unless released by heparin.
- Information by UniProt
ab100629 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Cubro H et al. Mechanisms of vascular dysfunction in the interleukin-10-deficient murine model of preeclampsia indicate nitric oxide dysregulation. Kidney Int 99:646-656 (2021). PubMed: 33144212
- Rao SL et al. Altered level of salivary placental growth factor is associated with preeclampsia. Placenta 90:118-120 (2020). PubMed: 32056542
- Tan L et al. Sublethal heat treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma promotes intrahepatic metastasis and stemness in a VEGFR1-dependent manner. Cancer Lett 460:29-40 (2019). PubMed: 31173855
- Cheung WY et al. Efficient Nonviral Transfection of Human Bone Marrow Mesenchymal Stromal Cells Shown Using Placental Growth Factor Overexpression. Stem Cells Int 2018:1310904 (2018). PubMed: 30675166
- Garcés MF et al. Maternal Serum Meteorin Levels and the Risk of Preeclampsia. PLoS One 10:e0131013 (2015). PubMed: 26121675