Key features and details
- Suitable for: Blocking
Product nameHuman POT1 peptide
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab23432 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- hPot 1
FunctionComponent of the telomerase ribonucleoprotein (RNP) complex that is essential for the replication of chromosome termini. Is a component of the double-stranded telomeric DNA-binding TRF1 complex which is involved in the regulation of telomere length by cis-inhibition of telomerase. Also acts as a single-stranded telomeric DNA-binding protein and thus may act as a downstream effector of the TRF1 complex and may transduce information about telomere maintenance and/or length to the telomere terminus. Component of the shelterin complex (telosome) that is involved in the regulation of telomere length and protection. Shelterin associates with arrays of double-stranded TTAGGG repeats added by telomerase and protects chromosome ends; without its protective activity, telomeres are no longer hidden from the DNA damage surveillance and chromosome ends are inappropriately processed by DNA repair pathways. Binds to two or more telomeric single-stranded 5'-TTAGGG-3' repeats (G-strand) and with high specificity to a minimal telomeric single-stranded 5'-TAGGGTTAG-3' sequence. Binds telomeric single-stranded sequences internally or at proximity of a 3'-end. Its activity is TERT dependent but it does not increase TERT activity by itself. In contrast, the ACD-POT1 heterodimer enhances telomer elongation by increasing telomerase processivity.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the telombin family.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome > telomere. Colocalizes with telomeric DNA.
- Information by UniProt
ab21382 detects a band at ~78kDa corresponding to Pot1. This activity of the antibody is quenched by the addition of the immunizing peptide (ab23432). A number of smaller, weaker bands are also detected. We believe these represent degradation products.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab23432 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.