Product nameHuman PRMT8 peptide
See all PRMT8 proteins and peptides
Purity70 - 90% by HPLC.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab73685 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein methyltransferase like protein 4
- Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein methyltransferase-like protein 4
FunctionMembrane-associated arginine methyltransferase that can both catalyze the formation of omega-N monomethylarginine (MMA) and asymmetrical dimethylarginine (aDMA). Able to mono- and dimethylate EWS protein; however its precise role toward EWS remains unclear as it still interacts with fully methylated EWS.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein arginine N-methyltransferase family. PRMT8 subfamily.
DomainThe SH3-binding motifs mediate the interaction with SH3 domain-containing proteins such as PRMT2 and FYN, possibly leading to displace the N-terminal domain and activate the protein.
The N-terminal region (1-60) inhibits the enzymatic activity.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab73685 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.