Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 20 pg/ml
- Range: 27.43 pg/ml - 20000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman Procalcitonin ELISA Kit
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 20 pg/ml
Range27.43 pg/ml - 20000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 100.5 80% - 111% Plasma 72.35 65% - 88%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Abcam’s Procalcitonin Human ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Human Procalcitonin in plasma and cell culture supernatants. (Human Procalcitonin concentration is pretty low in normal plasma, it may not be detected in this assay).
This assay employs an antibody specific for Human Procalcitonin coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and Procalcitonin present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Human Procalcitonin antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of Procalcitonin bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
We have not been able to detect endogenous Human Procalcitonin in normal serum with ab100630, only in serum spiked with Human Procalcitonin.
Optimization may be required with urine samples.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer 1 x 25ml 5X Assay Diluent B 1 x 15ml 5X Assay Diluent D 1 x 15ml 700X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl Assay Diluent A 1 x 30ml Biotinylated anti-Human Procalcitonin 2 vials Procalcitonin Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant Human Procalcitonin Standard (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
ab100630 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Rosado-Franco JJ et al. Outlining key inflammation-associated parameters during early phase of an experimental gram-negative sepsis model in rhesus macaques (Macaca mulatta). Animal Model Exp Med 2:326-333 (2019). PubMed: 31942564
- Ingram JR et al. Levels of wound calprotectin and other inflammatory biomarkers aid in deciding which patients with a diabetic foot ulcer need antibiotic therapy (INDUCE study). Diabet Med 35:255-261 (2018). PubMed: 28734103
- Wan Y et al. Adjuvant rhubarb alleviates organs dysfunction and inhibits inflammation in heat stroke. Exp Ther Med 16:1493-1498 (2018). PubMed: 30116399
- Wan B et al. Rhubarb vs. glycerin enema for treatment of critically ill patients with intra-abdominal hypertension. Exp Ther Med 14:855-861 (2017). PubMed: 28673010
- Nakahira K et al. Circulating mitochondrial DNA in patients in the ICU as a marker of mortality: derivation and validation. PLoS Med 10:e1001577; discussion e1001577 (2013). PubMed: 24391478