Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 0.05 ng/ml
- Range: 0.2 ng/ml - 40 ng/ml
- Sample type: Cit plasma, EDTA Plasma, Hep Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Competitive
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman Progesterone ELISA Kit
See all Progesterone kits
Sample typeSerum, Hep Plasma, EDTA Plasma, Cit plasma
Range0.2 ng/ml - 40 ng/ml
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mammals
Abcam’s Progesterone in vitro competitive ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the accurate quantitative measurement of Progesterone in serum and plasma.
A 96-well plate has been precoated with anti-Progesterone. Samples and the Progesterone-HRP conjugate are added to the wells, where Progesterone in the sample competes with the added Progesterone-HRP for antibody binding. After incubation, the wells are washed to remove unbound material and TMB substrate is then added which is catalyzed by HRP to produce blue coloration. The reaction is terminated by addition of Stop Solution which stops the color development and produces a color change from blue to yellow. The intensity of signal is inversely proportional to the amount of Progesterone in the sample and the intensity is measured at 450 nm.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 1 x 96 tests 10X Wash Solution 1 x 50ml Anti-Progesterone IgG Coated Wells 1 unit Cover foils 1 unit Progesterone control 1 x 1ml Progesterone Standard 0 - 0 ng/mL 1 x 1ml Progesterone Standard 1 - 0.2 ng/mL 1 x 1ml Progesterone Standard 2 - 1.0 ng/mL 1 x 1ml Progesterone Standard 3 - 8.0 ng/mL 1 x 1ml Progesterone Standard 4 - 40.0 ng/mL 1 x 1ml Progesterone-HRP Conjugate 1 x 22ml Stop Solution 1 x 15ml Strip holder 1 unit TMB Substrate Solution Yellow cap 1 x 15ml
ab108670 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Liu Y et al. Expression of SUMO associated proteins in the mouse endometrium is regulated by ovarian hormones throughout the estrous cycle. Exp Ther Med 19:1855-1863 (2020). ELISA . PubMed: 32104241
- Zhou Z et al. Progesterone decreases gut permeability through upregulating occludin expression in primary human gut tissues and Caco-2 cells. Sci Rep 9:8367 (2019). PubMed: 31182728
- Rajabi Z et al. Mouse preantral follicle growth in 3D co-culture system using human menstrual blood mesenchymal stem cell. Reprod Biol 18:122-131 (2018). PubMed: 29454805
- Zhou Z et al. Elevated systemic microbial translocation in pregnant HIV-infected women compared to HIV-uninfected women, and its inverse correlations with plasma progesterone levels. J Reprod Immunol 127:16-18 (2018). PubMed: 29656181
- Nikoletopoulou V et al. Modulation of Autophagy by BDNF Underlies Synaptic Plasticity. Cell Metab 26:230-242.e5 (2017). PubMed: 28683289
- Zhu J et al. Maternal N-Carbamylglutamate Supplementation during Early Pregnancy Enhances Embryonic Survival and Development through Modulation of the Endometrial Proteome in Gilts. J Nutr 145:2212-20 (2015). Competitive ELISA . PubMed: 26290006