Product nameHuman Prohibitin peptide
See all Prohibitin proteins and peptides
Amino Acid Sequence
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28492 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-Prohibitin antibody - Mitochondrial Marker (ab28172)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- Epididymis luminal protein 215
- Epididymis secretory sperm binding protein Li 54e
- HEL 215
FunctionProhibitin inhibits DNA synthesis. It has a role in regulating proliferation. As yet it is unclear if the protein or the mRNA exhibits this effect. May play a role in regulating mitochondrial respiration activity and in aging.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed in different tissues.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the prohibitin family.
Developmental stageLevels of expression in fibroblasts decrease heterogeneously during cellular aging.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion inner membrane.
- Information by UniProt
ab28492 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.