Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 8 pg/ml
- Range: 10.24 pg/ml - 2500 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman PSA ELISA Kit (KLK3)
See all Prostate Specific Antigen kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall < 10% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall < 12%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 8 pg/ml
Range10.24 pg/ml - 2500 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 95.25 81% - 108% Serum 105.4 94% - 112% Plasma 80.63 72% - 94%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Abcam’s PSA Human ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Human PSA in serum, plasma and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Human PSA coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and PSA present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Human PSA antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of PSA bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Get results in 90 minutes with Human Total Prostate Specific Antigen ELISA Kit (ab188388) from our SimpleStep ELISA® range.
Optimization may be required with urine samples.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer 1 x 25ml 500X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 5X Assay Diluent B 1 x 15ml Assay Diluent A 1 x 30ml Biotinylated anti-Human PSA Item F 2 vials PSA Microplate (12 x 8 wells) Item A 1 unit Recombinant Human PSA Standard (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
FunctionHydrolyzes semenogelin-1 thus leading to the liquefaction of the seminal coagulum.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S1 family. Kallikrein subfamily.
Contains 1 peptidase S1 domain.
- Information by UniProt
- antigen, prostate-specific
- Gamma seminoprotein
ab113327 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Deng Q et al. HepaCAM inhibits cell proliferation and invasion in prostate cancer by suppressing nuclear translocation of the androgen receptor via its cytoplasmic domain. Mol Med Rep 19:2115-2124 (2019). PubMed: 30664187
- Wang T et al. A novel approach for assessment of prostate cancer aggressiveness using survivin-driven tumour-activatable minicircles. Gene Ther 26:177-186 (2019). PubMed: 30867586
- Wong N et al. Upregulation of FAM84B during prostate cancer progression. Oncotarget 8:19218-19235 (2017). Sandwich ELISA ; Human . PubMed: 28186973
- Duivenvoorden WCM et al. Endoplasmic reticulum protein ERp46 in prostate adenocarcinoma. Oncol Lett 13:3624-3630 (2017). Human . PubMed: 28521463
- Banville N et al. A quantitative proteomic approach to identify significantly altered protein networks in the serum of patients with lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM). PLoS One 9:e105365 (2014). Sandwich ELISA ; Human . PubMed: 25133674