Product nameHuman PUS1 knockout HEK293T cell line
Parental Cell LineHEK293T
Mutation descriptionKnockout achieved by using CRISPR/Cas9, 41 bp deletion in exon 2 and 47 bp deletion in exon 2
Knockout validationSanger Sequencing, Western Blot (WB)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Recommended control: Human wild-type HEK293T cell line (ab255449). Please note a wild-type cell line is not automatically included with a knockout cell line order, if required please add recommended wild-type cell line at no additional cost using the code WILDTYPE-TMTK1.
Cryopreservation cell medium: Cell Freezing Medium-DMSO Serum free media, contains 8.7% DMSO in MEM supplemented with methyl cellulose.
Culture medium: DMEM (High Glucose) + 10% FBS
Initial handling guidelines: Upon arrival, the vial should be stored in liquid nitrogen vapor phase and not at -80ºC. Storage at -80ºC may result in loss of viability.
1. Thaw the vial in 37ºC water bath approximately 1-2 minutes.
2. Transfer the cell suspension (0.8 ml) to a 15 ml/50 ml conical sterile polypropylene centrifuge tube containing 8.4 ml pre-warmed culture medium, wash vial with an additional 0.8 ml culture medium (total volume 10 ml) to collect remaining cells, and centrifuge at 201 x g (rcf) for 5 minutes at room temperature. 10 ml represents minimum recommended dilution. 20 ml represents maximum recommended dilution.
3. Resuspend the cell pellet in 5 ml pre-warmed culture medium and count using a haemocytometer (Click here to view haemocytometer protocol) or alternative cell counting method. Based on cell count, seed cells in an appropriate cell culture flask at a density of 2x104 cells/cm2. This should allow for confluency within 48 hours. Seeding density is given as a guide only and should be scaled to align with individual lab schedules.
4. Incubate the culture at 37ºC incubator with 5% CO2. Cultures should be monitored daily.
- All seeding densities should be based on cell counts gained by established methods.
- A guide seeding density of 2x104 cells/cm2 is recommended for confluency (80-90% confluence) within 48 hours.
- A partial media change 24 hours prior to subculture may be helpful to encourage growth, if required.
- Cells should be passaged when they have achieved 80-90% confluence.
This product is subject to limited use licenses from The Broad Institute and ERS Genomics Limited, and is developed with patented technology. For full details of the limited use licenses and relevant patents please refer to our limited use license and patent pages.
Number of cells1 x 106 cells/vial, 1 mL
STR AnalysisAmelogenin X D5S818: 8, 9 D13S317: 12, 14 D7S820: 11 D16S539: 9, 13 vWA: 16, 19 TH01: 7, 9.3 TPOX: 11 CSF1PO: 11, 12
Storage instructionsShipped on Dry Ice. Store in liquid nitrogen.
Storage bufferConstituents: 8.7% DMSO, 2% Cellulose, methyl ether
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
FunctionConverts specific uridines to PSI in a number of tRNA substrates. Acts on positions 27/28 in the anticodon stem and also positions 34 and 36 in the anticodon of an intron containing tRNA. Involved in regulation of nuclear receptor activity possibly through pseudouridylation of SRA1 RNA.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed. High levels of expression found in brain and skeletal muscle.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in PUS1 are a cause of myopathy with lactic acidosis and sideroblastic anemia type 1 (MLASA1) [MIM:600462]; also known as mitochondrial myopathy and sideroblastic anemia. MLASA is a rare autosomal recessive oxidative phosphorylation disorder specific to skeletal muscle and bone marrow.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tRNA pseudouridine synthase TruA family.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion and Nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
KO cell lysates
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab266091 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 47 kDa.|
All lanes : Anti-PUS1 antibody [EPR20181] (ab203010) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Wild-type HEK-293T cell lysate
Lane 2 : PUS1 knockout HEK-293T cell lysate
Lane 3 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 4 : Daudi cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 47 kDa
Observed band size: 45 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab203010 was shown to react with PUS1 in wild-type HEK-293T cells in western blot. Loss of signal was observed when knockout cell line ab266091 (knockout cell lysate ab258158) was used. Wild-type HEK-293T and PUS1 knockout HEK-293T cell lysates were subjected to SDS-PAGE. Membrane was blocked for 1 hour at room temperature in 0.1% TBST with 3% non-fat dried milk. ab203010 and Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - Loading Control (ab7291) overnight at 4°C at a 1 in 1000 dilution and a 1 in 20000 dilution respectively. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye®800CW) preadsorbed (ab216773) and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye®680RD) preadsorbed (ab216776) secondary antibodies at 1 in 20000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
Allele-1: 47 bp deletion in exon2
Allele-2: 41 bp deletion in exon 2.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab266091 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.