Product nameHuman Rab5b peptide
See all Rab5b proteins and peptides
Purity70 - 90% by HPLC.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab102726 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- Rab 5b
- Rab5 b
- RAB5B, member RAS oncogene family
RelevanceRab5b is a member of the Rab family of small (monomeric) G proteins. Like other small G proteins, Rab5b switches between an inactive, GDP-form and an active, GTP-bound form. GDP/GTP exchange factors (GEFs) catalyse the conversion from the GDP-bound form to the GTP-bound form, while GTPase-activating proteins (GAPs) catalyse GTP hydrolysis to GDP. Rab5b is involved in endocytosis and recycling of cell surface molecules. It interacts with RIN2 and RIN3, which regulate its function, possibly by acting as GEFs. Knockdown of Rab5b abolished group I metabotropic glutamate receptor (mGluR)-mediated neuroprotection. Furthermore, Rab5b interacts with LRRK2, the defective gene at the PARK8 locus that results in Parkinson's disease. Roles for Rab5b in neurodegenerative disease, neuroprotection, and synaptic plasticity have been suggested.
Cellular localizationCell Membrane, Endosome
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab102726 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.