Product nameHuman RAF1 knockout A549 cell line
See all Raf1 lysates
Parental Cell LineA549
Although we aim to provide customers with a homozygous clone, feasibility will be dependent on the biology of the protein. Should only heterozygous edits be achieved, you will be notified of the outcome and be asked to confirm whether the cell line is acceptable. All clones will be accompanied with DNA sequencing data, and the mutation description.
Recommended control: Human wild-type A549 cell line (ab288558). Please note a wild-type cell line is not automatically included with a knockout cell line order, if required please add recommended wild-type cell line at no additional cost using the code WILDTYPE-TMTK1.
Cryopreservation cell medium: Cell Freezing Medium-DMSO Serum free media, contains 8.7% DMSO in MEM supplemented with methyl cellulose.
Culture medium: F-12K + 10% FBS
Initial handling guidelines:
Upon arrival, the vial should be stored in liquid nitrogen vapor phase and not at -80°C. Storage at -80°C may result in loss of viability.
1. Thaw the vial in 37°C water bath for approximately 1-2 minutes.
2. Transfer the cell suspension (0.8 mL) to a 15 mL/50 mL conical sterile polypropylene centrifuge tube containing 8.4 mL pre-warmed culture medium, wash vial with an additional 0.8 mL culture medium (total volume 10 mL) to collect remaining cells, and centrifuge at 201 x g (rcf) for 5 minutes at room temperature. 10 mL represents minimum recommended dilution. 20 mL represents maximum recommended dilution.
3. Resuspend the cell pellet in 5 mL pre-warmed culture medium and count using a haemocytometer or alternative cell counting method. Based on cell count, seed cells in an appropriate cell culture flask at a density of 2x103-1x104 cells/cm2. Seeding density is given as a guide only and should be scaled to align with individual lab schedules.
4. Incubate the culture at 37°C incubator with 5% CO2. Cultures should be monitored daily.
- All seeding densities should be based on cell counts gained by established methods.
- A guide seeding density of 6x104 cells/cm2 is recommended.
- A partial media change 24 hours prior to subculture may be helpful to encourage growth, if required.
- Cells should be passaged when they have achieved 80-90% confluence.
- Do not allow the cell density to exceed 7x104 cells/cm2.
This product is subject to limited use licenses from The Broad Institute and ERS Genomics Limited, and is developed with patented technology. For full details of the limited use licenses and relevant patents please refer to our limited use license and patent pages.
Number of cells1000000 cells/vial, 1 mL
Storage instructionsShipped on Dry Ice. Store in liquid nitrogen.
Storage bufferConstituents: 8.7% Dimethylsulfoxide, 2% Cellulose, methyl ether
RelevanceRaf1 is an important mediator of signal transduction pathway. Raf1 is activated through activation by Src and protein kinase C. Rafl proteins have intrinsic serine/threonine kinase activity. Interaction between Ras proteins and Raf proteins results in Raf mediated phosphorylation and activation of MEK (also known as MAP kinase kinase) and cdc25. Raf1 can bind to GTP bound Ras through N terminal domain. Raf1 also interacts with hsp90 and 14-3-3 family of proteins. Raf1 is involved in the transduction of mitogenic signals from the cell membrane to the nucleus. It is part of the Ras dependent signaling pathway from receptors to the nucleus.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab286788 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.