Product nameHuman RHOA knockout HEK293T cell line
Parental Cell LineHEK293T
Mutation descriptionKnockout achieved by using CRISPR/Cas9, 4 bp insertion in exon 2 and Insertion of the selection cassette in exon 2
Knockout validationSanger Sequencing, Western Blot (WB)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Recommended control: Human wild-type HEK293T cell line (ab255449). Please note a wild-type cell line is not automatically included with a knockout cell line order, if required please add recommended wild-type cell line at no additional cost using the code WILDTYPE-TMTK1.
Cryopreservation cell medium: Cell Freezing Medium-DMSO Serum free media, contains 8.7% DMSO in MEM supplemented with methyl cellulose.
Culture medium: DMEM (High Glucose) + 10% FBS
Initial handling guidelines: Upon arrival, the vial should be stored in liquid nitrogen vapor phase and not at -80ºC. Storage at -80ºC may result in loss of viability.
1. Thaw the vial in 37ºC water bath approximately 1-2 minutes.
2. Transfer the cell suspension (0.8 ml) to a 15 ml/50 ml conical sterile polypropylene centrifuge tube containing 8.4 ml pre-warmed culture medium, wash vial with an additional 0.8 ml culture medium (total volume 10 ml) to collect remaining cells, and centrifuge at 201 x g (rcf) for 5 minutes at room temperature. 10 ml represents minimum recommended dilution. 20 ml represents maximum recommended dilution.
3. Resuspend the cell pellet in 5 ml pre-warmed culture medium and count using a haemocytometer (Click here to view haemocytometer protocol) or alternative cell counting method. Based on cell count, seed cells in an appropriate cell culture flask at a density of 2x104 cells/cm2. This should allow for confluency within 48 hours. Seeding density is given as a guide only and should be scaled to align with individual lab schedules.
4. Incubate the culture at 37ºC incubator with 5% CO2. Cultures should be monitored daily.
- All seeding densities should be based on cell counts gained by established methods.
- A guide seeding density of 2x104 cells/cm2 is recommended for confluency (80-90% confluence) within 48 hours.
- A partial media change 24 hours prior to subculture may be helpful to encourage growth, if required.
- Cells should be passaged when they have achieved 80-90% confluence.
This product is subject to limited use licenses from The Broad Institute, ERS Genomics Limited and Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC, and is developed with patented technology. For full details of the licenses and patents please refer to our limited use license and patent pages.
Number of cells1 x 106 cells/vial, 1 mL
STR AnalysisAmelogenin X D5S818: 8, 9 D13S317: 12, 14 D7S820: 11 D16S539: 9, 13 vWA: 16, 19 TH01: 7, 9.3 TPOX: 11 CSF1PO: 11, 12
Storage instructionsShipped on Dry Ice. Store in liquid nitrogen.
Storage bufferConstituents: 8.7% DMSO, 2% Cellulose, methyl ether
FunctionRegulates a signal transduction pathway linking plasma membrane receptors to the assembly of focal adhesions and actin stress fibers. Serves as a target for the yopT cysteine peptidase from Yersinia pestis, vector of the plague, and Yersinia pseudotuberculosis, which causes gastrointestinal disorders. May be an activator of PLCE1. Activated by ARHGEF2, which promotes the exchange of GDP for GTP.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the small GTPase superfamily. Rho family.
DomainThe basic-rich region is essential for yopT recognition and cleavage.
modificationsSubstrate for botulinum ADP-ribosyltransferase.
Cleaved by yopT protease when the cell is infected by some Yersinia pathogens. This removes the lipid attachment, and leads to its displacement from plasma membrane and to subsequent cytoskeleton cleavage.
AMPylation at Tyr-34 and Thr-37 are mediated by bacterial enzymes in case of infection by H.somnus and V.parahaemolyticus, respectively. AMPylation occurs in the effector region and leads to inactivation of the GTPase activity by preventing the interaction with downstream effectors, thereby inhibiting actin assembly in infected cells. It is unclear whether some human enzyme mediates AMPylation; FICD has such ability in vitro but additional experiments remain to be done to confirm results in vivo.
Ubiquitinated by the BCR(BACURD1) and BCR(BACURD2) E3 ubiquitin ligase complexes, leading to its degradation by the proteasome, thereby regulating the actin cytoskeleton and cell migration.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- Information by UniProt
KO cell lysates
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab266592 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 22 kDa.|
Allele-1: 4 bp insertion in exon 2
All lanes : Anti-RhoA antibody [EPR18134] (ab187027) at 1/5000 dilution
Lanes 1 & 3 : Wild-type HEK-293T cell lysate
Lanes 2 & 4 : RHOA knockout HEK-293T cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 22 kDa
Observed band size: 21 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab187027 was shown to react with RhoA in wild-type HEK-293T cells in western blot. Loss of signal was observed when knockout cell line ab266592 (knockout cell lysate ab257637) was used. Wild-type HEK-293T and RHOA knockout HEK-293T cell lysates were subjected to SDS-PAGE. Membrane was blocked for 1 hour at room temperature in 0.1% TBST with 3% non-fat dried milk. ab187027 and Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - Loading Control (ab7291) overnight at 4°C at a 1 in 5000 dilution and a 1 in 20000 dilution respectively. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye®800CW) preadsorbed (ab216773) and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye®680RD) preadsorbed (ab216776) secondary antibodies at 1 in 20000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
Allele-2: Insertion of the selection cassette in exon 2.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab266592 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.