Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 80 pg/ml
- Range: 93.8 pg/ml - 6000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman SDF1 alpha ELISA Kit
See all SDF1 alpha kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall < 10% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall < 12%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 80 pg/ml
Range93.8 pg/ml - 6000 pg/ml
> 80 %
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 94.63 86% - 104% Plasma 89.34 85% - 104%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Human SDF1 alpha ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit (ab100637) is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Human SDF1 alpha in plasma and cell culture supernatants. (Human SDF1 alpha concentration is pretty low in normal plasma, it may not be detected in this assay).
This assay employs an antibody specific for Human SDF1 alpha coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and SDF1 alpha present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Human SDF1 alpha antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of SDF1 alpha bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
We have not been able to detect the endogenous Human SDF-1 alpha in normal serum with ab100637, only in serum spiked with Human SDF-1 alpha.
Optimization may be required with urine samples.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 200X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 20X Wash Buffer 1 x 25ml 5X Assay Diluent B 1 x 15ml Assay Diluent A 1 x 30ml Biotinylated anti-Human SDF1 alpha 2 vials Recombinant Human SDF1 alpha Standard (lyophilized) 2 vials SDF1 alpha Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
RelevanceSDF1 alpha and 1 beta are small cytokines that belong to the intercrine family, members of which activate leukocytes and are often induced by proinflammatory stimuli such as lipopolysaccharide, TNF or IL1. SDF1 alpha has been shown to be chemotactic for lymphocytes and is recently reported to be a ligand for CXCR4 (LESTR/fusin), a co-receptor for HIV1 entry into T cells. SDF-1 binding to CXCR4 inhibits HIV1 entry.
- C-X-C motif chemokine 12
- Chemokine (C X C motif) ligand 12
- SwissProt: P48061 Human
ab100637 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Liu L et al. Enhanced Effect of IL-1ß-Activated Adipose-Derived MSCs (ADMSCs) on Repair of Intestinal Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury via COX-2-PGE2 Signaling. Stem Cells Int 2020:2803747 (2020). PubMed: 32377202
- Yang X et al. Inhibition of ITGB1 enhance the anti-tumor effect of cetuximab in colorectal cancer cell. Medicine (Baltimore) 99:e20944 (2020). PubMed: 32629699
- Zhang H et al. SDF1/CXCR4 axis facilitates the angiogenesis via activating the PI3K/AKT pathway in degenerated discs. Mol Med Rep 22:4163-4172 (2020). PubMed: 32901877
- Anbil S et al. Vitamin D Receptor Activation and Photodynamic Priming Enables Durable Low-dose Chemotherapy. Mol Cancer Ther 19:1308-1319 (2020). PubMed: 32220968
- Meng D et al. Effects of VEGFR1+ hematopoietic progenitor cells on pre-metastatic niche formation and in vivo metastasis of breast cancer cells. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 145:411-427 (2019). PubMed: 30483898
- Cotoia A et al. Circulating stem cells, HIF-1, and SDF-1 in septic abdominal surgical patients: randomized controlled study protocol. Trials 19:179 (2018). PubMed: 29530072
- Dmitriev P et al. Dux4 controls migration of mesenchymal stem cells through the Cxcr4-Sdf1 axis. Oncotarget 7:65090-65108 (2016). PubMed: 27556182
- Fernando R et al. Intersection of Chemokine and TSH Receptor Pathways in Human Fibrocytes: Emergence of CXCL-12/CXCR4 Cross Talk Potentially Relevant to Thyroid-Associated Ophthalmopathy. Endocrinology 157:3779-3787 (2016). PubMed: 27471912
- Miles B et al. Secondary lymphoid organ homing phenotype of human myeloid dendritic cells disrupted by an intracellular oral pathogen. Infect Immun 82:101-11 (2014). Sandwich ELISA ; Human . PubMed: 24126519