Key features and details
- Purity: > 90% HPLC
- Suitable for: Blocking
Product nameHuman Sema6A peptide
See all Sema6A proteins and peptides
Purity> 90 % HPLC.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab27882 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
FunctionCell surface receptor for PLXNA2 that plays an important role in cell-cell signaling. Required for normal granule cell migration in the developing cerebellum. Promotes reorganization of the actin cytoskeleton and plays an important role in axon guidance in the developing central nervous system. Can act as repulsive axon guidance cue. Has repulsive action towards migrating granular neurons. May play a role in channeling sympathetic axons into the sympathetic chains and controlling the temporal sequence of sympathetic target innervation.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the semaphorin family.
Contains 1 PSI domain.
Contains 1 Sema domain.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab27882 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.