Key features and details
- Purity: > 90% HPLC
- Suitable for: Blocking
Product nameHuman Semaphorin 3c peptide
See all Semaphorin 3c proteins and peptides
Purity> 90 % HPLC.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab39299 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- Sema E
FunctionBinds to plexin family members and plays an important role in the regulation of developmental processes. Required for normal cardiovascular development during embryogenesis. Functions as attractant for growing axons, and thereby plays an important role in axon growth and axon guidance.
Tissue specificityExpressed intensely in the heart, skeletal muscle, colon, small intestine, ovary, testis, and prostate. Faint expression ubiquitously among other organs, including brain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the semaphorin family.
Contains 1 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
Contains 1 PSI domain.
Contains 1 Sema domain.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab39299 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Miyato H et al. Semaphorin 3C is involved in the progression of gastric cancer. Cancer Sci 103:1961-6 (2012). PubMed: 22924992