Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [15C7] to Human Serum Albumin
- Suitable for: ELISA, WB, ICC/IF, Sandwich ELISA
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG2b
Product nameAnti-Human Serum Albumin antibody [15C7]
See all Human Serum Albumin primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [15C7] to Human Serum Albumin
No cross-reactivity with other human proteins tested. Does not react with bovine serum albumin, egg white albumin or human alpha fetoprotein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, WB, ICC/IF, Sandwich ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react with: Chicken, Cow
Full length protein corresponding to Human Serum Albumin.
Database link: P02768
Concentration varies from lot to lot and can be provided on request.
This product was changed from ascites to tissue culture supernatant on 17th October 2017 and product received after this date will be from tissue culture supernatant.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
sELISA pair antibody
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab10241 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 65 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 2.5 µg/ml. PubMed: 19497803|
|Sandwich ELISA||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Can be paired for Sandwich ELISA with Rabbit polyclonal to Human Serum Albumin (ab2406).|
FunctionSerum albumin, the main protein of plasma, has a good binding capacity for water, Ca(2+), Na(+), K(+), fatty acids, hormones, bilirubin and drugs. Its main function is the regulation of the colloidal osmotic pressure of blood. Major zinc transporter in plasma, typically binds about 80% of all plasma zinc.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ALB are a cause of familial dysalbuminemic hyperthyroxinemia (FDH) [MIM:103600]. FDH is a form of euthyroid hyperthyroxinemia that is due to increased affinity of ALB for T(4). It is the most common cause of inherited euthyroid hyperthyroxinemia in Caucasian population.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ALB/AFP/VDB family.
Contains 3 albumin domains.
modificationsKenitra variant is partially O-glycosylated at Thr-620. It has two new disulfide bonds Cys-600 to Cys-602 and Cys-601 to Cys-606.
Glycated in diabetic patients.
Phosphorylation sites are present in the extracelllular medium.
Acetylated on Lys-223 by acetylsalicylic acid.
- Information by UniProt
- alb antibody
- ALBU_HUMAN antibody
- Albumin (32 AA) antibody
Anti-Human Serum Albumin antibody [15C7] (ab10241) at 1/2000 dilution (in 5% milk for 1 hour) + Human blood serum at 2 µg
anti-mouse IgG (H&L)
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 65 kDa
Exposure time: 5 seconds
Detection of Human Serum Albumin by ab10241 in western blotting.
Lane 1 - human serum albumin, 3 µg.
Lane 2 - normal human serum, ~3 µg of human serum albumin.
ab10241 staining Human Serum Albumin in human embryonic stem cell derived hepatocytes by immunocytochemistry/ immunofluorescence.
Cells were fixed in methanol and blocked in 10% BSA for 30 minutes at 20°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/500 and incubated with the sample for 16 hours at 4°C. An FITC conjugated goat polyclonal to mouse IgG antibody, diluted 1/400, was used as the secondary (green). DAPI used to stain the nuclei (blue).
ab10241 has been referenced in 27 publications.
- AlQahtani AD et al. Production of "biobetter" glucarpidase variants to improve drug detoxification and antibody directed enzyme prodrug therapy for cancer treatment. Eur J Pharm Sci 127:79-91 (2019). PubMed: 30343151
- Coudron L et al. Fully integrated digital microfluidics platform for automated immunoassay; A versatile tool for rapid, specific detection of a wide range of pathogens. Biosens Bioelectron 128:52-60 (2019). PubMed: 30634074
- Lee J et al. CRISPR/Cas9 Edited sRAGE-MSCs Protect Neuronal Death in Parkinson?s Disease Model. Int J Stem Cells 12:114-124 (2019). PubMed: 30836725
- Chiangjong W et al. Optimization and Standardization of Thermal Treatment as a Plasma Prefractionation Method for Proteomic Analysis. Biomed Res Int 2019:8646039 (2019). PubMed: 31183377
- Fetz AE et al. Surface Area to Volume Ratio of Electrospun Polydioxanone Templates Regulates the Adsorption of Soluble Proteins from Human Serum. Bioengineering (Basel) 6:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31480458