Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to Human Serum Albumin
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-Human Serum Albumin antibody
See all Human Serum Albumin primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to Human Serum Albumin
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length protein corresponding to Human Human Serum Albumin. Serum albumin
Database link: P02768
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 6.8
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
FunctionSerum albumin, the main protein of plasma, has a good binding capacity for water, Ca(2+), Na(+), K(+), fatty acids, hormones, bilirubin and drugs. Its main function is the regulation of the colloidal osmotic pressure of blood. Major zinc transporter in plasma, typically binds about 80% of all plasma zinc.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ALB are a cause of familial dysalbuminemic hyperthyroxinemia (FDH) [MIM:103600]. FDH is a form of euthyroid hyperthyroxinemia that is due to increased affinity of ALB for T(4). It is the most common cause of inherited euthyroid hyperthyroxinemia in Caucasian population.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ALB/AFP/VDB family.
Contains 3 albumin domains.
modificationsKenitra variant is partially O-glycosylated at Thr-620. It has two new disulfide bonds Cys-600 to Cys-602 and Cys-601 to Cys-606.
Glycated in diabetic patients.
Phosphorylation sites are present in the extracelllular medium.
Acetylated on Lys-223 by acetylsalicylic acid.
- Information by UniProt
- alb antibody
- ALBU_HUMAN antibody
- Albumin (32 AA) antibody
ab19180 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Nakashima F et al. Structural and functional insights into S-thiolation of human serum albumins. Sci Rep 8:932 (2018). PubMed: 29343798
- Nehring J et al. Autoantibodies Against Albumin in Patients With Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. Front Immunol 9:2090 (2018). PubMed: 30333817
- Zheng Z et al. Hepatitis C virus mediated chronic inflammation and tumorigenesis in the humanised immune system and liver mouse model. PLoS One 12:e0184127 (2017). PubMed: 28886065
- Brandstätter H et al. Purification and biochemical characterization of functional complement factor H from human plasma fractions. Vox Sang 103:201-12 (2012). PubMed: 22497541
- Ding YD et al. A sandwich ELISA for assessment of pharmacokinetics of HSA-(BNP)2 fusion protein in mouse plasma. J Pharm Biomed Anal 51:658-63 (2010). ELISA . PubMed: 19836183
Customer reviews and Q&As
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES"
For licensing inquiries, please contact email@example.com