Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Human Serum Albumin
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Human Serum Albumin antibody
See all Human Serum Albumin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Human Serum Albumin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Goat, Horse, Cow, Dog
- Fetal brain lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab83465 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 69 kDa.|
FunctionSerum albumin, the main protein of plasma, has a good binding capacity for water, Ca(2+), Na(+), K(+), fatty acids, hormones, bilirubin and drugs. Its main function is the regulation of the colloidal osmotic pressure of blood. Major zinc transporter in plasma, typically binds about 80% of all plasma zinc.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ALB are a cause of familial dysalbuminemic hyperthyroxinemia (FDH) [MIM:103600]. FDH is a form of euthyroid hyperthyroxinemia that is due to increased affinity of ALB for T(4). It is the most common cause of inherited euthyroid hyperthyroxinemia in Caucasian population.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ALB/AFP/VDB family.
Contains 3 albumin domains.
modificationsKenitra variant is partially O-glycosylated at Thr-620. It has two new disulfide bonds Cys-600 to Cys-602 and Cys-601 to Cys-606.
Glycated in diabetic patients.
Phosphorylation sites are present in the extracelllular medium.
Acetylated on Lys-223 by acetylsalicylic acid.
- Information by UniProt
- alb antibody
- ALBU_HUMAN antibody
- Albumin (32 AA) antibody
Anti-Human Serum Albumin antibody (ab83465) at 1 µg/ml (in 5% skim milk / PBS buffer) + Fetal brain lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size: 69 kDa
Observed band size: 65 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Gel concentration: 12%
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human kidney tissue labelling Human Serum Albumin with ab83465 at 5 µg/ml.
ab83465 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Schilcher I et al. Endothelial lipase increases antioxidative capacity of high-density lipoprotein. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Biol Lipids 1864:1363-1374 (2019). PubMed: 31220617
- Newberry EP et al. Hepatocyte and stellate cell deletion of liver fatty acid binding protein reveals distinct roles in fibrogenic injury. FASEB J N/A:fj201801976R (2018). PubMed: 30576225
- Wang Y et al. Association of calreticulin expression with disease activity and organ damage in systemic lupus erythematosus patients. Exp Ther Med 13:2577-2583 (2017). PubMed: 28565882
- Holzer M et al. Refined purification strategy for reliable proteomic profiling of HDL2/3: Impact on proteomic complexity. Sci Rep 6:38533 (2016). PubMed: 27917957
- Newberry EP et al. Phenotypic divergence in two lines of L-Fabp-/- mice reflects substrain differences and environmental modifiers. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 309:G648-61 (2015). PubMed: 26251469
- Holzer M et al. Uremia Alters HDL Composition and Function. J Am Soc Nephrol 22:1631-41 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21804091