Key features and details
- Sheep polyclonal to Human Serum Albumin
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr, Double Immunodiffusion, Immunoelectrophoresis, RID, IHC-P, IHC-FoFr
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Goat, Horse, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Cat, Dog, Human, Pig
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Human Serum Albumin antibody
See all Human Serum Albumin primary antibodies
DescriptionSheep polyclonal to Human Serum Albumin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Fr, Double Immunodiffusion, Immunoelectrophoresis, RID, IHC-P, IHC-FoFrmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Goat, Horse, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Cat, Dog, Human, Pig
Human serum albumin purified from Cohn Fraction V.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% EACA, 0.01% Benzamidine, 0.0292% EDTA
Concentration information loading...
Light chain typeunknown
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab8940 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Double Immunodiffusion||Use at an assay dependent concentration. 10µL antiserum vs 5µL serum (1/20 dilution).|
|Immunoelectrophoresis||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
2µL antiserum/cm² gel vs 5µL 1/200 - 1/2000 dilution human serum IEP: 100µL antiserum vs 1µL serum The use of 3% PEG 6000 with 1.2%agarose in a suitable buffer (such as TBE or Tris-barbital pH >8.2) is recommended. Suitability for use in nephelometry, enzyme-linked immunosorbentassays and Western blot has not been assessed but use in such assays should not necessarily be excluded.
|RID||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||1/1000. See Abreview.|
|IHC-FoFr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionSerum albumin, the main protein of plasma, has a good binding capacity for water, Ca(2+), Na(+), K(+), fatty acids, hormones, bilirubin and drugs. Its main function is the regulation of the colloidal osmotic pressure of blood. Major zinc transporter in plasma, typically binds about 80% of all plasma zinc.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ALB are a cause of familial dysalbuminemic hyperthyroxinemia (FDH) [MIM:103600]. FDH is a form of euthyroid hyperthyroxinemia that is due to increased affinity of ALB for T(4). It is the most common cause of inherited euthyroid hyperthyroxinemia in Caucasian population.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ALB/AFP/VDB family.
Contains 3 albumin domains.
modificationsKenitra variant is partially O-glycosylated at Thr-620. It has two new disulfide bonds Cys-600 to Cys-602 and Cys-601 to Cys-606.
Glycated in diabetic patients.
Phosphorylation sites are present in the extracelllular medium.
Acetylated on Lys-223 by acetylsalicylic acid.
- Information by UniProt
- alb antibody
- ALBU_HUMAN antibody
- Albumin (32 AA) antibody
ab8940 at 1/1000 staining mouse embryonic tissue sections (E10.5) by IHC-Fr. The tissue was paraformaldehyde fixed and blocked with 3ml maleate bufer, 1ml FCS, 1ML 10% blocking powder before incubation with the primary antibody for 16 hours at 37°C. A Cy3® conjugated donkey anti-sheep antibody was used as the secondary.
The image shows hepatoblasts in the liver bud positive for albumin (red) and also some expressing E-cadherin (green).
Immunohistochemical analysis of AAV2/8 injected rat liver tissue, staining Human Serum Albumin (red) with ab8940.
Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with 0.3% Triton X-100, and blocked with 5% normal rabbit serum for 1 hour at room temperature. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100) overnight. An AlexaFluor®594-conjugated anti-sheep IgG (1/1000) was used as the secondary antibody.
ab8940 has been referenced in 35 publications.
- Prieto-Fernández E et al. A Comprehensive Study of Vesicular and Non-Vesicular miRNAs from a Volume of Cerebrospinal Fluid Compatible with Clinical Practice. Theranostics 9:4567-4579 (2019). PubMed: 31367240
- Datta M et al. Histone Deacetylases 1 and 2 Regulate Microglia Function during Development, Homeostasis, and Neurodegeneration in a Context-Dependent Manner. Immunity 48:514-529.e6 (2018). PubMed: 29548672
- Bogdanov P et al. Effects of Liposomal Formulation of Citicoline in Experimental Diabetes-Induced Retinal Neurodegeneration. Int J Mol Sci 19:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30127248
- Oleaga C et al. Investigation of the effect of hepatic metabolism on off-target cardiotoxicity in a multi-organ human-on-a-chip system. Biomaterials 182:176-190 (2018). PubMed: 30130706
- Saito Y et al. Induction of differentiation of intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma cells to functional hepatocytes using an organoid culture system. Sci Rep 8:2821 (2018). PubMed: 29434290