Product nameHuman SETD2 (KMT3A / HYPB / HIF-1) knockout HEK293T cell line
See all KMT3A / HYPB / HIF-1 lysates
Parental Cell LineHEK293T
Mutation descriptionKnockout achieved by using CRISPR/Cas9, 11 bp deletion in exon 3 and 4 bp deletion in exon 3
Knockout validationSanger Sequencing, Western Blot (WB)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Recommended control: Human wild-type HEK293T cell line (ab255449). Please note a wild-type cell line is not automatically included with a knockout cell line order, if required please add recommended wild-type cell line at no additional cost using the code WILDTYPE-TMTK1.
Cryopreservation cell medium: Cell Freezing Medium-DMSO Serum free media, contains 8.7% DMSO in MEM supplemented with methyl cellulose.
Culture medium: DMEM (High Glucose) + 10% FBS
Initial handling guidelines: Upon arrival, the vial should be stored in liquid nitrogen vapor phase and not at -80ºC. Storage at -80ºC may result in loss of viability.
1. Thaw the vial in 37ºC water bath approximately 1-2 minutes.
2. Transfer the cell suspension (0.8 ml) to a 15 ml/50 ml conical sterile polypropylene centrifuge tube containing 8.4 ml pre-warmed culture medium, wash vial with an additional 0.8 ml culture medium (total volume 10 ml) to collect remaining cells, and centrifuge at 201 x g (rcf) for 5 minutes at room temperature. 10 ml represents minimum recommended dilution. 20 ml represents maximum recommended dilution.
3. Resuspend the cell pellet in 5 ml pre-warmed culture medium and count using a haemocytometer (Click here to view haemocytometer protocol) or alternative cell counting method. Based on cell count, seed cells in an appropriate cell culture flask at a density of 2x104 cells/cm2. This should allow for confluency within 48 hours. Seeding density is given as a guide only and should be scaled to align with individual lab schedules.
4. Incubate the culture at 37ºC incubator with 5% CO2. Cultures should be monitored daily.
- All seeding densities should be based on cell counts gained by established methods.
- A guide seeding density of 2x104 cells/cm2 is recommended for confluency (80-90% confluence) within 48 hours.
- A partial media change 24 hours prior to subculture may be helpful to encourage growth, if required.
- Cells should be passaged when they have achieved 80-90% confluence.
This product is subject to limited use licenses from The Broad Institute and ERS Genomics Limited, and is developed with patented technology. For full details of the limited use licenses and relevant patents please refer to our limited use license and patent pages.
Number of cells1 x 106 cells/vial, 1 mL
STR AnalysisAmelogenin X D5S818: 8, 9 D13S317: 12, 14 D7S820: 11 D16S539: 9, 13 vWA: 16, 19 TH01: 7, 9.3 TPOX: 11 CSF1PO: 11, 12
Antibiotic resistancePuromycin 1.00µg/ml
Storage instructionsShipped on Dry Ice. Store in liquid nitrogen.
Storage bufferConstituents: 8.7% DMSO, 2% Cellulose, methyl ether
FunctionHistone methyltransferase that methylates 'Lys-36' of histone H3. H3 'Lys-36' methylation represents a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation. Probably plays a role in chromatin structure modulation during elongation via its interaction with hyperphosphorylated POLR2A. Binds DNA at promoters. May also act as a transcription activator that binds to promoters. Binds to the promoters of adenovirus 12 E1A gene in case of infection, possibly leading to regulate its expression.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone-lysine methyltransferase family. SET2 subfamily.
Contains 1 AWS domain.
Contains 1 post-SET domain.
Contains 1 SET domain.
Contains 1 WW domain.
DomainThe low charge region mediates the transcriptional activation activity.
modificationsMay be automethylated.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome.
- Information by UniProt
KO cell lysates
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab266690 in the following tested applications.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 288 kDa.|
All lanes : Anti-KMT3A / HYPB / HIF-1 antibody (ab31358) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Wild-type HEK293T cell lysate
Lane 2 : SETD2 knockout HEK293T cell lysate
Lane 3 : HepG2 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 288 kDa
Observed band size: 288 kDa
ab31358 Anti-KMT3A / HYPB / HIF-1 antibody was shown to specifically react with KMT3A / HYPB / HIF-1 in wild-type HEK293T cells. Loss of signal was observed when knockout cell line ab266690 (knockout cell lysate ab257274) was used. Wild-type and KMT3A / HYPB / HIF-1 knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. ab31358 and Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - Loading Control (ab7291) were incubated overnight at 4°C at 1 in 500 dilution and 1 in 20000 dilution respectively. Blots were developed with Goat anti- Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preadsorbed (ab216773) and Goat anti- Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preadsorbed (ab216776) secondary antibodies at 1 in 10000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
Allel-1: 11 bp deletion in exon 3
Allel-2: 4 bp deletion in exon 3.
ab266690 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.