Product nameHuman SFRP4 peptide
See all SFRP4 proteins and peptides
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32783 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- Frizzled protein
- Frizzled protein human endometrium
- FRP 4
FunctionSoluble frizzled-related proteins (sFRPS) function as modulators of Wnt signaling through direct interaction with Wnts. They have a role in regulating cell growth and differentiation in specific cell types. SFRP4 may act as a regulator of adult uterine morphology and function. Increases apoptosis during ovulation possibly through modulation of FZ1/FZ4/WNT4 signaling (By similarity). Has phosphaturic effects by specifically inhibiting sodium-dependent phosphate uptake.
Tissue specificityExpressed in mesenchymal cells. Highly expressed in the stroma of proliferative endometrium. Expressed in cardiomyocytes. Shows moderate to strong expression in ovarian tumors with expression increasing as the tumor stage increases. In ovarian tumors, expression levels are inversely correlated with expression of CTNNB1 (at protein level).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the secreted frizzled-related protein (sFRP) family.
Contains 1 FZ (frizzled) domain.
Contains 1 NTR domain.
DomainThe FZ domain is involved in binding with Wnt ligands.
Cellular localizationSecreted. Cytoplasmic in ovarian tumor cells.
- Information by UniProt
ab32783 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.