Product nameHuman SKP2 peptide
See all SKP2 proteins and peptides
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab26153 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- CDK2/Cyclin A associated protein p45
- Cyclin A/CDK2 associated protein p45
- Cyclin-A/CDK2-associated protein p45
FunctionSubstrate recognition component of a SCF (SKP1-CUL1-F-box protein) E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase complex which mediates the ubiquitination and subsequent proteasomal degradation of target proteins involved in cell cycle progression, signal transduction and transcription. Specifically recognizes phosphorylated CDKN1B/p27kip and is involved in regulation of G1/S transition. Degradation of CDKN1B/p27kip also requires CKS1. Recognizes target proteins ORC1, CDT1, RBL2, MLL, CDK9, RAG2, FOXO1A, UBP43, and probably MYC, TOB1 and TAL1. Degradation of TAL1 also requires STUB1. Recognizes CDKN1A in association with CCNE1 or CCNE2 and CDK2.
PathwayProtein modification; protein ubiquitination.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 F-box domain.
Contains 9 LRR (leucine-rich) repeats.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab26153 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.