Product nameHuman SLC27A4 / FATP4 peptide
See all SLC27A4 / FATP4 proteins and peptides
Purity70 - 90% by HPLC.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab74892 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- ACSVL 4
- EC 6.2.1
RelevanceSLC27A4 / FATP4 plays a role in the transport of long chain fatty acids across the plasma membrane. It has acyl-coA ligase activity for long chain and very long chain fatty acids. Deletion of the SLC27A4 gene results in embryonic lethality, which is attributed to the need for fat absorption across the visceral endoderm early in embryonic development. Expression of FAT4P in the intestinal lining is thought to be altered in response to dietary fat.
Cellular localizationCell Membrane
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab74892 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.