Product nameHuman SMARCD1 knockout HEK293T cell line
Parental Cell LineHEK293T
Mutation descriptionKnockout achieved by using CRISPR/Cas9, 1 bp deletion in exon 1 and 2 bp insertion in exon 1
Knockout validationSanger Sequencing, Western Blot (WB)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Recommended control: Human wild-type HEK293T cell line (ab255449). Please note a wild-type cell line is not automatically included with a knockout cell line order, if required please add recommended wild-type cell line at no additional cost using the code WILDTYPE-TMTK1.
Cryopreservation cell medium: Cell Freezing Medium-DMSO Serum free media, contains 8.7% DMSO in MEM supplemented with methyl cellulose.
Culture medium: DMEM (High Glucose) + 10% FBS
Initial handling guidelines: Upon arrival, the vial should be stored in liquid nitrogen vapor phase and not at -80ºC. Storage at -80ºC may result in loss of viability.
1. Thaw the vial in 37ºC water bath approximately 1-2 minutes.
2. Transfer the cell suspension (0.8 ml) to a 15 ml/50 ml conical sterile polypropylene centrifuge tube containing 8.4 ml pre-warmed culture medium, wash vial with an additional 0.8 ml culture medium (total volume 10 ml) to collect remaining cells, and centrifuge at 201 x g (rcf) for 5 minutes at room temperature. 10 ml represents minimum recommended dilution. 20 ml represents maximum recommended dilution.
3. Resuspend the cell pellet in 5 ml pre-warmed culture medium and count using a haemocytometer (Click here to view haemocytometer protocol) or alternative cell counting method. Based on cell count, seed cells in an appropriate cell culture flask at a density of 2x104 cells/cm2. This should allow for confluency within 48 hours. Seeding density is given as a guide only and should be scaled to align with individual lab schedules.
4. Incubate the culture at 37ºC incubator with 5% CO2. Cultures should be monitored daily.
- All seeding densities should be based on cell counts gained by established methods.
- A guide seeding density of 2x104 cells/cm2 is recommended for confluency (80-90% confluence) within 48 hours.
- A partial media change 24 hours prior to subculture may be helpful to encourage growth, if required.
- Cells should be passaged when they have achieved 80-90% confluence.
This product is subject to limited use licenses from The Broad Institute, ERS Genomics Limited and Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC, and is developed with patented technology. For full details of the licenses and patents please refer to our limited use license and patent pages.
Number of cells1 x 106 cells/vial, 1 mL
STR AnalysisAmelogenin X D5S818: 8, 9 D13S317: 12, 14 D7S820: 11 D16S539: 9, 13 vWA: 16, 19 TH01: 7, 9.3 TPOX: 11 CSF1PO: 11, 12
Storage instructionsShipped on Dry Ice. Store in liquid nitrogen.
Storage bufferConstituents: 8.7% DMSO, 2% Cellulose, methyl ether
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Polymerase associated factors
- Pol II Transcription
- Signal Transduction
- Signaling Pathway
- Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Hormone Receptors
- Vitamin D Receptor
FunctionInvolved in chromatin remodeling. Belongs to the neural progenitors-specific chromatin remodeling complex (npBAF complex) and the neuron-specific chromatin remodeling complex (nBAF complex). During neural development a switch from a stem/progenitor to a post-mitotic chromatin remodeling mechanism occurs as neurons exit the cell cycle and become committed to their adult state. The transition from proliferating neural stem/progenitor cells to post-mitotic neurons requires a switch in subunit composition of the npBAF and nBAF complexes. As neural progenitors exit mitosis and differentiate into neurons, npBAF complexes which contain ACTL6A/BAF53A and PHF10/BAF45A, are exchanged for homologous alternative ACTL6B/BAF53B and DPF1/BAF45B or DPF3/BAF45C subunits in neuron-specific complexes (nBAF). The npBAF complex is essential for the self-renewal/proliferative capacity of the multipotent neural stem cells. The nBAF complex along with CREST plays a role regulating the activity of genes essential for dendrite growth (By similarity). Has a strong influence on the Vitamin D-mediated transcriptional activity from an enhancer Vitamin D receptor element (VDRE). May be a link between mammalian SWI-SNF-like chromatin remodeling complexes and the vitamin D receptor (VDR) heterodimer. Mediates critical interactions between nuclear receptors and the BRG1/SMARCA4 chromatin-remodeling complex for transactivation. Also involved in vitamin D-coupled transcription regulation via its association with the WINAC complex, a chromatin-remodeling complex recruited by vitamin D receptor (VDR), which is required for the ligand-bound VDR-mediated transrepression of the CYP27B1 gene.
Tissue specificityExpressed in all tissues tested, including brain, heart, kidney, liver, lung, muscle, pancreas and placenta.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the SMARCD family.
Contains 1 SWIB domain.
- Information by UniProt
KO cell lysates
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab266458 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 58 kDa.|
All lanes : Anti-SMARCD1 antibody [EPR23170-71] (ab245222) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Wild-type HEK-293T (Human epithelial cell line from embryonic kidney transformed with large T antigen) whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : SMARCD1 knockout HEK-293T (Human epithelial cell line from embryonic kidney transformed with large T antigen) whole cell lysate
Lane 3 : HeLa (Human epithelial cell line from cervix adenocarcinoma) whole cell lysate
Lane 4 : NIH/3T3 (Mouse embryonic fibroblast cell line) whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preadsorbed (ab216773) at 1/10000 dilution
Predicted band size: 58 kDa
Observed band size: 58 kDa
ab245222 Anti-SMARCD1 antibody [EPR23170-71] was shown to specifically react with SMARCD1 in wild-type HEK-293T cells. Loss of signal was observed when knockout cell line ab266458 (knockout cell lysate ab259143) was used. Wild-type and SMARCD1 knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. ab245222 and Anti-GAPDH antibody [6C5] - Loading Control (ab8245) were incubated overnight at 4°C at 1 in 1000 dilution and 1 in 20000 dilution respectively. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preadsorbed (ab216773) and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preadsorbed (ab216776) secondary antibodies at 1 in 20000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
Allele-1: 2 bp insertion in exon1
Allele-2: 1 bp deletion in exon 1.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab266458 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.