Product nameHuman SV2A peptide
See all SV2A proteins and peptides
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32998 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
FunctionPlays a role in the control of regulated secretion in neural and endocrine cells, enhancing selectively low-frequency neurotransmission. Positively regulates vesicle fusion by maintaining the readily releasable pool of secretory vesicles.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the major facilitator superfamily.
modificationsPhosphorylation by CK1 of the N-terminal cytoplasmic domain regulates interaction with SYT1.
Cellular localizationCytoplasmic vesicle > secretory vesicle > synaptic vesicle membrane. Enriched in chromaffin granules, not present in adrenal microsomes. Associated with both insulin granules and synaptic-like microvesicles in insulin-secreting cells of the pancreas.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab32998 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.