Product nameHuman Synaptophysin peptide
See all Synaptophysin proteins and peptides
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab24030 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- Major synaptic vesicle protein p38
FunctionPossibly involved in structural functions as organizing other membrane components or in targeting the vesicles to the plasma membrane. Involved in the regulation of short-term and long-term synaptic plasticity.
Tissue specificityCharacteristic of a type of small (30-80 nm) neurosecretory vesicles, including presynaptic vesicles, but also vesicles of various neuroendocrine cells of both neuronal and epithelial phenotype.
Involvement in diseaseMental retardation, X-linked, SYP-related
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the synaptophysin/synaptobrevin family.
Contains 1 MARVEL domain.
DomainThe calcium-binding activity is thought to be localized in the cytoplasmic tail of the protein.
modificationsUbiquitinated; mediated by SIAH1 or SIAH2 and leading to its subsequent proteasomal degradation.
Cellular localizationCytoplasmic vesicle, secretory vesicle, synaptic vesicle membrane. Cell junction, synapse, synaptosome.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab24030 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Sámano C et al. Segregation of met-enkephalin from vesicular acetylcholine transporter and choline acetyltransferase in sympathetic preganglionic varicosities mostly lacking synaptophysin and synaptotagmin. Neuroscience 163:180-9 (2009). IHC-P . PubMed: 19524025