Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 3 pg/ml
- Range: 1.37 pg/ml - 1000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman TGF alpha ELISA Kit
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 3 pg/ml
Range1.37 pg/ml - 1000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 94.49 84% - 105% Serum 92.34 82% - 104% Plasma 93.46 83% - 103%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Abcam’s TGF alpha Human ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Human TGF alpha in serum, plasma, cell culture supernatants
This assay employs an antibody specific for Human TGF alpha coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and TGF alpha present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Human TGF alpha antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of TGF alpha bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Optimization may be required with urine samples.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer 1 x 25ml 300X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 5X Assay Diluent B 1 x 15ml Assay Diluent A 1 x 30ml Biotinylated anti-Human TGF alpha 2 vials Recombinant Human TGF alpha Standard (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TGF alpha Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
RelevanceTransforming growth factor alpha (TGF alpha) is an acid- and heat-stable originally discovered in rodents and humans. TGF alpha protien is 33% homologous to epidermal growth factor (EGF). TGF alpha binds to the EGF receptor, mediating tyrosine phosphorylation of the receptor, and promotes anchorage-independent growth of normal rat fibroblasts in soft agar in the presence of transforming growth factor-beta. TGF alpha is secreted by a variety of transformed cells and tumors, embryonic cells and some normal adult cells . TGF alpha bioactivity has also been found in the urine of cancer patients. It has been suggested that it may act as an autocrine growth factor for the induction or maintenance of malignancy.
- EGF like TGF
- SwissProt: P01135 Human
ab100646 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Hollmén M et al. G-CSF regulates macrophage phenotype and associates with poor overall survival in human triple-negative breast cancer. Oncoimmunology 5:e1115177 (2016). Human . PubMed: 27141367
- Mouradian M et al. Key roles for GRB2-associated-binding protein 1, phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase, cyclooxygenase 2, prostaglandin E2 and transforming growth factor alpha in linoleic acid-induced upregulation of lung and breast cancer cell growth. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 90:105-15 (2014). PubMed: 24374147
- Tukaj S et al. Aberrant expression and secretion of heat shock protein 90 in patients with bullous pemphigoid. PLoS One 8:e70496 (2013). PubMed: 23936217